HEL Braided Brake Lines

Bikes & Bits for sale

HEL Braided Brake Lines

Postby knobblywobbly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:47 pm

I have the opportunity to buy some HEL stainless braided brake lines at what I think is a good price, but I need to buy a minimum of 5 sets. For the Dr Big they would be 2 line sets (1 front + 1 rear line) and would work out at £34 per complete set plus postage at cost.
Is anyone interested?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How much is the fish?
knobblywobbly
Admin
Admin

Re: HEL Braided Brake Lines

Postby vilguy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:42 pm

to be honest mate thats pretty expensive, braided lines can be had for £10 each, with no minimum order ... Dont mean to put the thread down though. If you want HEL lines go for it ;)
vilguy

Postby BigBob » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 pm

There`s braided lines and braided lines. Some of the cheap ones with ally or mild steel fittings are downright dangerous, so if you want to pay £10, you`ll get what you pay for. I`ve always found HEL to be good quality, and just as important, their customer service is pretty good too. £34 for front and back is a good price. Shame all six of my Bigs have HEL lines already. Sorry KW.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby knobblywobbly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 pm

vilguy wrote:to be honest mate thats pretty expensive, braided lines can be had for £10 each, with no minimum order ... Dont mean to put the thread down though. If you want HEL lines go for it ;)

No problem.

BigBob has been drumming it into me for ages that you shouldn´t buy cheap tat when you´re dealing with wheels & brakes - Hence the reason I want the HEL lines. I´ve had them on other bikes and have been very pleased with them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How much is the fish?
knobblywobbly
Admin
Admin

Postby vilguy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 pm

ah i buy mine from a hydraulic hose supplier and he makes them up for me there and then with proper stainless fittings, no bzp shit.

£10 cash in hand deal ;)

hes also making me up some new oil cooler lines the same way :lol:
vilguy

Return to For Sale