Set of carbs rebuilt 33mm & 36mm

Bikes & Bits for sale

Re: Set of carbs rebuilt 33mm & 36mm

Postby O.R. » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:21 pm

My original set 33mm carbs are 4 sale.
Image Image Image Image Image

These stock SR43 carburetors have been disassembled completely and thoroughly cleaned. The O-rings of the float mechanism, float needle, idle mixture screw and slide housing have been renewed by O-rings of Viton. The float needles are equipped with a long pin with a strong spring. Choke plungers have been polished and the according rubber seal is inspected. The brackets between the carburetor bodies are sand blasted and powder coated. The thread for the idle screw has been recut. The rusting philips head screws have been replaced with stainless steel allen head screws. The float level has been adjusted as described in the workshop manual and visualy checked by performing the "WetTest" just today. These were my loyal carbs untill I changed to 36mm carbs. The valve piston (slide) is a faster version (comes from a GS00E). I once renewed the emulsion tube with one of a F650GS, one size leaner then SR43; for that reason the main jets are size #140 instead of #130. Asking price €149.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Postby O.R. » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Also, a 36mm carb set is available

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

This set was reserved for a guy since July, but since I do not get any response for a long time I feel free to offer this FAST set again. This set is also (re)built. The bodies have been ultrasonic cleaned. Further, roughly the same recipe as the above stock carbs. Also new jet needles, new emulsion tubes, new float needles (complete), new air jets (screw type). Suitable for SR41/SR42 as a result of the choke knob. Not handy in use for a SR43, but you can always trasfer the OEM choke bracket from a SR43 ;-). As you can see, this set is equipped with overflow bowls, so it is not possible that any fuel directly leaks in the cylinder in case of a float problem. The TPS-sensor once had a function on a 1200cc four-cylinder, but has no function anymore. Float already good, WetTested. Requires more initial adjustments than stock carbs, here I mean tuning idle and main jets. Tuning idle mixture screw (IMS) and needle height are the same as the stock carbs. No rocket science at all, but really rewarding. Bracket for throttle cable or throttle cable possibly must be adapted. One IMS is modded, so you can tune by hand; a second normal IMS is included. Silicone hoses for breather and flow bowls included as well. Asking price €249. One warning: your tires will wear faster :lol:

I can also provide a unrestricted K&N air filter with thick walled aluminum inlet tube.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Postby O.R. » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:21 pm

==The 36mm carbs are sold and will be used on a Dutch DR750==
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Re: Set of carbs rebuilt

Postby O.R. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 pm

The 33mm carbs are still available (see post from 27 Oct 2017, 19:21). Image
Forgot to mention that the jet needles are new as well. PriceDrop to €125.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to For Sale