Set of carbs rebuilt 33mm & 36mm

Bikes & Bits for sale

Set of carbs rebuilt 33mm & 36mm

Postby O.R. » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:12 am

These stock carburetors have been externally cleaned/ degreased and fully disassembled. Bodies and parts have been ultrasonic cleaned and internally dried with compressed air. The O-rings of the float mechanism, float needle, idle mixture screw and slide housing have been renewed by O-rings of Viton. The float needles are equipped with a longer pin with a stronger spring for improved performance (better damping). Choke plungers have been polished and the according rubber seal is inspected. The brackets between the carburetor bodies are de-rusted and painted with Motip engine paint. The thread for the idle screw has been recut. The rusting philips head screws have been replaced with stainless steel allen head screws and are mounted with some copper grease. The float level has been adjusted as described in the workshop manual and visualy checked by performing the "WetTest".

Carburetors have a choke plunger on both bodies and can be operated in SR41-style or SR43-style. With SR41-style I mean that the choke must be operated with a knob directly on the left carburettor. With SR43-style the choke can be opeated via a cable of which the knob is positioned on the steering bracket (handle bar).

Renewed are the complete float needles, jet needles, emulsion tubes and air jets. Asking prince €149.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Last edited by O.R. on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Re: Set of carbs rebuilt

Postby batesy57 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi is this a exchange package or do you buy the carbs
thanks
batesy57
Regular
Regular

Postby O.R. » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:10 am

No exchange needed ;) . In fact, the reason why I offer this set of carbs is that my hobby got out of hand....and have started with a little "spring cleanup".
The only carbs that I buy are fourpacks of 36mm to make them fit the BIG :D

At the present, I've various fully (re)built spare sets carburetors (2-3xBST33 and 3-4xBST36, even with TPS) and with the WetTest already been carried out.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Postby O.R. » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:20 am

BTW, here a small comparison of 33mm vs 36mm carburetor(s)
Since the area @ venturi is about 19% larger with 36mm compared to the 33mm, this clearly results in a BIGger smile :tup:

The 36mm set is also available. Will soon add some details.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Postby O.R. » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:26 pm

And here some picture of the 36mm for the DR.BIG.

Nice upgrade for your BIG, but not as aggressive and expensive as the pumpers. TPS included.
Built up with the same recipe as above mentioned for the 33mm carbs (only the brackets are unpainted). Little holder for choke bracket will be fixed ;). Please take your attention of the fact that carburetors are not "Plug & Play". It is not unlikely that you have to play with pilot jets, main jets and idle mixture screws.
That is no rocket science at all, so don't worry. The result is more than rewarding! Take a look @ YT and search for "TKZ2 DR.BIG".
Funny to suprise other BIG-riders. Because from the outside, there is nothing different to see :lolno: :shock:

Asking prince €249 a set.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Postby nug » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Do these carbs make any difference to the fuel consumption?
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby O.R. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:00 pm

My average fuel consumption with the 36mm carbs is about 1 litre per 18-19 km (lot of highway + fun rides).
Note that my engine is not stock. Don't know what my fuel consumption was with the OEM carbs.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Re: Set of carbs rebuilt 33mm & 36mm

Postby O.R. » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:40 pm

The 36mm carbs are sold. They wil show up @ a support BIG from a (motorcycle) driving school.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Postby spendango » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:42 pm

The thought of pulling carbs off and on would be enough to put me off :shift:
spendango

Postby O.R. » Tue May 02, 2017 6:43 pm

The OEM 33mm carbs are SOLD for a Belgian BIG.

Expect new parts at the end of this month, allowing me to provide my carburetors with new OEM gas needles.
Then I will also offer more of my overstock of (rebuilt) carburetors.

Edit june 25th: received some direct questions.
Now my stock 33mm's are sold to Ireland and the golden 36mm's are sold within the Netherlands
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to For Sale