DR please

Bikes & Bits wanted

DR please

Postby beeza650 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:45 pm

I've made I'm my mind I'd really like a DR, specifically one I can paint up Paris Dakar style. I'll be straight, I don't know a huge amount about them - so hints on which model(s) would be the best place to start appreciated.
I nearly bought one as a London commuter about 10 years but ended up with a Zephyr 550 instead (which was good for the job BTW).
So... I'm in Aylesbury (UK) would travel a reasonable distance or courier a bike if I'm getting the right signals.
Please could I have your thoughts and options?
beeza650
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Re: DR please

Postby spendango » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Hard to find one at decent money now
spendango
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby nug » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:24 am

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a great choice of bike :tup:

I have sent you a PM.
nug

Postby spendango » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Don't sell it NUG :shock:
spendango

Postby nug » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Just moving my parts on Spen. I have so many bits that would maybe be of more use to others. Have toyed with selling mine then building another later on, but when I look at the sum of the parts and what I have done to it, I will be giving it away for nothing. Plus, its been so good to me on many trips over a many thousands of miles. I would struggle to find a good home for it. Look at my SR43....I loved that bike and kept it A1. I sold to a nice enough chap who then starting taking it apart for no reason and had no clue what he was doing. That bike had taken me all over the place and never missed a beat. Now it has vanished off the radar and is probably rotting in a shed somewhere. I find it hard selling things I am attached to. especially when they have given me so many miles of fun and got me back home safely each time.
nug

Postby Trackhopper » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:48 pm

hi there i have a nice s43 1991 in blue if your intrested its got super moto sm pro rims on dominator twin cans digital speedo new clutch and loads of other bits ive spent about 1500 on the bike in the last 18 months ibe owned the bike for about 15 years and now feel its time to move it on im hopping for about 1800 for it ono

cheers chris
Trackhopper
Regular
Regular

Return to Wanted