Front Brake Upgrade Kit 1991 SR43A

Bikes & Bits wanted

Front Brake Upgrade Kit 1991 SR43A

Postby Dr Mabuse » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:47 am

Hi Folks

I'm looking for a Front Brake Upgrade Kit to suit 1991 SR43A. Kit as in: Caliper, Adaptor & Disc ready to fit to standard fork & wheel.

My XRV brakes suck but DR brakes are pathetic even after complete overhaul.

I tried the usual German suppliers, one answered after three months (NLA) other didn't bother.

I'd consider upgraded wheels too if necessary if that's what you have?

Thanks Dave....
Dr Mabuse
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Front Brake Upgrade Kit 1991 SR43A

Postby O.R. » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi Dave,

The first SR43 brake calipers have 34 and 27 mm pistons. The later SR43 brake calipers were equiped with two equal pistons.
These calipers can also be used on the first SR43. Be aware that you must also replace the bracket and only the left "upgrade" caliper can be used!

Take a look @ http://noppenforum.messageboard.nl/foru ... =7&t=13957
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Postby Dr Mabuse » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:24 am

Hi Marco

Sorry, I didn't note your response. Very interesting the early/late caliper swap. Worth checking out for a used one.

I was on tour on my Pan Euro and camping at Chimay (Beer Heaven) Belgium late summer past but, becamel ill and returned home early. It was my intent to contact you on my return via Germany into Holland but, that didn't happen.

My DR is running grand with your carb build and I've the wheels away being rebuilt with galvanised spokes. Rims appear good so it'll keep bike as original retaining them.

So Marco, what bike are you riding now?

Regards

Dave
Dr Mabuse

Postby O.R. » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:03 pm

Beer Heaven...sound sooo good. Sorry to read that you became ill on a tour.

Glad to read that the carbs are fine. Last month I have rebuilt 2x33mm and built 2x36mm carbs. These were my last (re)builds for the BIG.
Because I decided to stop al activities that remember me of my BIG. I miss the fierce old lady, but you know why I sold her.
I'm looking for a another motorcylce now and then, but have more important things to worry about.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Return to Wanted