Travel Plans

Events, rideouts, meet-ups & ride reports.

Re: Travel Plans

Postby Captain » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks for the replies chaps,

I cannot fault the BIG over the journey. She ran faultlessly. She was very happy about 75 mph and I got good mileage, I didn't count it though - I just didn't seem to fill up very often. The amount of gear I took, I mainly used. I took a few more spares with me this time and additional nuts and bolts.

I do take some comfort items , like a massive sleeping bag and an old but heavy cotton airbed. I also managed to source a very light fold up chair (1.2Kg) which was great for when I stopped and got a brew going. Took too many clothes as I normally do, but plan for the worst and hope for the best. I'd rather be looking at them than looking for them.

I had a couple of bags on the crash bars. These were great for the waterproofs and tarp for covering the bike. If badduns can't see it, they don't normally try to pinch it. Also had my brew gear in these bags with a Vango Roar stove and a fold up kettle. I also took a 10ft lock which went through the sleeves of the jacket, helmet, boxes etc. I also had a trembler alarm fixed to the bike.

So, back to offshore for a couple of weeks on Tuesday, then another adventure next trip down through Wales and the south coast. This is all leading up to a Lake Garda tour for next year (on condition the wife goes to Chelsea flower show)

Cheers me Dears

Steve
Captain
Regular
Regular

Re: Travel Plans

Postby nug » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:42 pm

Good trip Captain. Shame about the couple of cocks you had the joy of meeting.
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Previous

Return to Travel