Hostel Tour Ireland?

Events, rideouts, meet-ups & ride reports.

Hostel Tour Ireland?

Postby Dr Mabuse » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:39 pm

I'm just proposing a notion I've had with regard to small group tour (4 - 10 max) of big Trailie specific riders possibly early next Spring 2020 over here in SW Ireland? It will be travel light with basic kit and use hostels rather than camping.

This can make such a trip feasible for those whom may have to travel from further afield to get here and to have a warm comfortable environment to eat, drink and sleep.

From experience, you need three days excludiung your travel time to/fro venue.

I'm becoming less tolerant of roughing it and more into smoothing it comfort wise and I sense a few of you are too!

Let me know if you're interested and I could develop a cunning plan......
Dr Mabuse
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Hostel Tour Ireland?

Postby BigBob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:15 am

Sounds like a cunning plan worthy of Baldrick himself ;)
Having led more tours than I can remember I would suggest no more than six bikes as it gets strung out too much and you lose people who drift behind
........... and definitely no smokers as they just want to stop for a fag every 20 minutes and you never get anywhere
Will we need to bring flippers and schnorkel? ;)
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby Dr Mabuse » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:20 pm

Well Bob, I'd expect you bring over a bottle of that vintage whiskey you have been saving on the top shelf for an auspicious occasion and some crystal glasses that befits the dram.

I've maps etc and can send out PDFs logistical links etc. I drive a coach for a living so I won't partake in a 'Bus Mans Holiday' tour guide. We can set out in a small group, pairs or solo - Ireland's too small to get really lost so no body will be under pressure to keep up. Obviously, we can ensure everyone has each other's contact number and know the destination hostel so we can help each other out if required.

My idea is to make it as stress free as possible and at a leisurely pace to suit oneself. I usually avoid the busy main routes and travel the rural routes but, I'd keep in mind that if anyone's tired etc they'd be able to take a more direct and quicker route to destination.

Anyhow, we'll see how it pans out with dates etc (Bare in mind I work around school terms timetable) and if anyone has a place they want to visit in the region.

Later dudes...
Dr Mabuse

Postby H_Lime » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:37 pm

I should be in :tup:
H_Lime

Postby Captain » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi Chaps

Great idea - but I would need to know when. I'm available late March or late April due to offshore rota.

I could bring a good Brandy...… or Port or both......

Steve
Captain
Regular
Regular

Postby Dr Mabuse » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:00 am

Just to note lads, I'll follow up on this topic after the winter. Just posted to check interest amongst the usual suspects.

Two regions in mind Cork & Kerry and Galway & Mayo. I've recent posts on forum of terrain and maps to refer to.

Til later then...
Dr Mabuse

Postby BigBob » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:45 pm

:tup:
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby Chris1215 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:32 pm

I'm in Ireland as we speek. Come down from Port Rush. Doing as much as the Wild Atlantic Way as possible. The ring of Kerry a nice ride Valentia Island is particularly nice. As is The Dingle peninsula. Iv just found digs in Kilkenny making the run back to Belfast tomorrow for the over night ferry. Its my 1st time on the west coast only having been over in the past for the odd road race. What a stunning place it is. Depending on work and dates I would be interested in joining a run over on my ringer.
Chris1215
Regular
Regular

Postby GrahamW » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:06 pm

It does sound tempting but money is a tight at the minute will have to see how the new year goes.
GrahamW
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Return to Travel