Anybody done any trips on a BIG this year ?

Events, rideouts, meet-ups & ride reports.

Re: Anybody done any trips on a BIG this year ?

Postby Deano » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:58 am

No trips, but ride outs I have managed a few of. I am lucky that you can see the South Downs from our house so have had a number of 100-200 mile mostly green lane riding days on a Sunday. Though I have found group rides a chore, the bit between the rides is great, stopping for a pub lunch and putting the world to rights, but I like to ride at my pace and find it very frustrating when the lead bike goes past fascinating looking little one track, tree shadowed roads with a sign post with a single village name on it that I have never heard of, telling you it's 4 miles (of hopefully unspoilt riding) until you reach that, whilst we carry on along a main A road :evil: .

What has improved riding for me is the batteries leaking in the intercom system over last winter....... oh how I missed the peace and quite :clap:
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!!
Deano
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Anybody done any trips on a BIG this year ?

Postby nug » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:22 am

As Bob said....the German Big meet may a "Bridge too far" next year. At least we got to visit the 2015 meet :tup:

Deano, you are in a great place to get across the water easily by the sounds of it. Nothing to stop you coming on a trip with us I reckon ! Good chance to escape from the ball & chain !
nug

Previous

Return to Travel