26th monoconnection meeting Holland

Events, rideouts, meet-ups & ride reports.

26th monoconnection meeting Holland

Postby Lambert » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi everybody,
In Holland we are organising the 26th edition of the Monoconnection weekend. This started as a Yamaha SRX meeting, but later on all single cylinders were welcomed and nowadays all persons, who can appreciate single cylinder bikes.
We organise this weekend at a campsite, called De Kluft in Ossenzijl. This campsite is really beautifull, as it is situated in one of the largest national parks in Holland, near pretty little cities like Blokzijl, Giethoorn etc.
The campsite offers camping places, but also cabins, hotel rooms etc. You can contact them at www.dekluft.nl. Or, if you have questions, I will be happy to find answers for you.
The weekend is usually frequented by some 35 persons from England, Holland, Germany, Belgium etc. We arrive on Friday, on Saturday we go out for a rideout, and during the evenings we eat and drink. Bike-lovers almost look like real people. On Saturday night we mostly have a live band playing for us.
The campsite has an excellent restaurant, with different sorts of food for very reasonable prices.
This year we plan to do a tour throughout Friesland and visit some of the lakes there. Coffeestop will be held -if all goes according to plan- at Tony Leenes, who has the only Indian museum in the world and is a famous restorer of these bikes
For more info, you can always send me an email at l.smitATinnodact.nl
hope to see you there!

best regards Lambert & Sjak
Lambert
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Re: 26th monoconnection meeting Holland

Postby BigBob » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:40 am

It doesn`t give dates but I think it`s 2nd to 4th September http://forum.monoconnection.nl/v3/viewt ... f=3&t=2026
About 120 miles from Hook of Holland and 270 from Calais
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby dave#22 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:33 am

I'll add it to my calendar...I hope the weather is better this year, it rained and rained last year, but we're used to that over here.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:39 am

A possibility for me, but I prefer mountains and scenery, and there`s certainly none of that in Holland
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby Lambert » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:09 pm

Thanks Bob, I indeed forgot to mention the dates. No mountains here... On the other hand, on Saturday you might want to visit the Basser TT, a classic race approxx. 8 kilometres from the campsite, or on Sunday the Nuttert v.d. Heide Rally, a pre-war bike rally in Boijl, which is about 20 km from the campsite...
Lambert
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Postby BigBob » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:02 pm

:tup:
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Return to Travel