Discount on Brittany Ferries.

Events, rideouts, meet-ups & ride reports.

Discount on Brittany Ferries.

Postby dave#22 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi all, anyone going to Spain next year? I went to the NEC bike show and Brittany Ferries have a 10% exclusive show offer for 2017 sailings.
Book by 31 December 2016....call them on 0330 159 6735 quoting ref 610921.

I used it last year and saved me £££££'s
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Re: Discount on Brittany Ferries.

Postby BigBob » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks for the info Dave but at best part of £500 return I`d prefer to ride down.
10% off £500 still leaves a lot of money to pay.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby Haga lout » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:51 am

BigBob wrote:Thanks for the info Dave but at best part of £500 return I`d prefer to ride down.
10% off £500 still leaves a lot of money to pay.

£50 bob or tank and a bit of fuel so may sill be cheeper by ferry depending where your going or how long you have to get there I do prefer riding my bike to a ferry but if you need to get to the middle of Spain in a day it's the only way unless you keep a bike down there and fly ( Manchester to gib £25 costs me more to park my car at the airport)
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:50 am

I get your point about time, but I`ve always preferred the ride through France and over the Pyrenees (except the time I got caught in a blizzard and nearly froze to death).
It takes me about 3 days to ride down to the south of Spain, about 1250 miles, and with a couple of hotel stops and fuel it`s still cheaper, and if you avoid motorways it`s an interesting adventure.
The big downside is the sore arse factor, which is probably why I walk funny. ;)
As Brittany ferries have the monopoly on many of their routes they can charge very silly money indeed. I`m just not prepared to pay their rip off prices.
It was the same with the Harwich-Esbjerg (Denmark) ferry. They were charging over £600 return for bike and rider and much more for a car, and that was over 10 years ago.
They discontinued the service a few years ago due to lack of customers. Well, there`s a surprise!
Just don`t get me started on train fares!
Rip off Britain. :twisted:
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby dave#22 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:49 am

Well it worked again...got an invite to a Classic Bike meet in the South of France in August, so booked a ferry and saved £42.50....only a few days 'til the voucher expires.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby Haga lout » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:10 pm

dave#22 wrote:Well it worked again...got an invite to a Classic Bike meet in the South of France in August, so booked a ferry and saved £42.50....only a few days 'til the voucher expires.
Dave.

I've started using the tunnel Dave its cheeper
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby dave#22 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:36 pm

..................I've started using the tunnel Dave its cheeper................

I've used it before, but it's a pain in the ar*e to get there. A few weeks ago I went down to Cuckfield and it took me 6 hrs.... :tdown: ...and 5hrs to get back.
I'd rather take the easy route to Portsmouth and take the boat.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Return to Travel