Bens bunkhouse

Events, rideouts, meet-ups & ride reports.

Bens bunkhouse

Postby Chris1215 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:05 pm

DSC_0010-2880x1620.JPG
Meet a few mates for a beer and a ride round north Wales. We been having this November meet for the last 5 years just to get us out on the bikes at a time of year they would normally be tucked up in the shed. The first 3 years we camped but as we have got older and wiser or softer we have took to staying in a bunk house.
This year we had booked Bens bunkhouse just outside Llanberis on the A4086. It sleeps 18 people in 3 rooms of 6. There is a large kitchen with everything you need to brew up or make a full fry up. Which we did both mornings. Everything except food that is. There is also a large living room area with a wood burner and free wood. We fired it up on the Saturday night and brought a kebab back and a few cans.
On the Friday we took a 10 min stroll to The Vaynol Arms. A nice pub with real ales a real fire and real mash spuds.
I think it could make a great place for a big forum meet. There a great cafe in Llanberis that I have used before called Pete eats and plenty of takeaways.
As I'm still lacking a doc big. The Dr650 was called on to do her duty over the weekend and as always couldn't falt the little girl. She stayed with the bigger bikes on the Saturday ride to Barmouth and round some of the smaller Welsh roads. Heated jacket and heated grips making for a warm and comfortable ride. Although one eye was kept on the battery monitoring light so as not to over stress the battery. We plotted a route that took in some of the old Dragon rally sites. From Llanberis down to Beddgelert Porthmadog Harlech Barmouth up to Ffestiniog Betws y Coed Capel curig Llyn Gwynant Rhyd Ddu then back to Base for a brew.
So if you are looking for a spot for a DR big weekend and don't want to camp it might be just the spot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris1215
Regular
Regular

Re: Bens bunkhouse

Postby BigBob » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 am

Sounds like a great idea. The scenery in Wales is certainly more dramatic than here in boring Essex.
Alas, Big riders so far have been disappointing in their response to these sort of suggestions of meeting up and camping.
Apparently there is the possibility of some Bigs meeting up with Caponords in april in Llandovery.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby dave#22 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:27 pm

.................Apparently there is the possibility of some Bigs meeting up with Caponords in April in Llandovery.............

Quite right Bob, the date hasn't been set yet, but when it is, I'll post up.
I've been to a few Capo meets now, either with DR BIG or a Quota. I don't camp, so we usually get a B&B in the town :tup: .
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 pm

b&b sounds good, my old bones don`t like cold hard ground any more :tup:
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Return to Travel