UK CAPONORD RALLY - END OF SUMMER 2018

Events, rideouts, meet-ups & ride reports.

UK CAPONORD RALLY - END OF SUMMER 2018

Postby dave#22 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Pat & I have been to quite a few Capo meets over the years and this years end of Summer rally is at Carrog......Carrog Station Camp Site, Carrog, Corwen, Denbighshire, LL21 9BD....Its the weekend of Fri 14 to Sun 16 Sep 2018.

As always, our rallies are open to all. If you have biker mates who might fit in with the chaos, invite them. On Caponords or not.
......They'll never leave .....

as Andy says, open to all, basic facilities, camping only, pub up the hill....Pat & I will be there....in the Camper.
If you want to come along, let me know and I'll let Andy know.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Re: UK CAPONORD RALLY - END OF SUMMER 2018

Postby BigBob » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:49 am

I`ll be 1500 miles away in Spain on my Big that w/e.
I`m not sure many on this forum actually ride their bikes anywhere so good luck, at least you tried. :tup:
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby dave#22 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:45 pm

It was at a Capo meet that I met H_Lime (a good few years ago) and we've met up a few times since in either Wales or Ireland.
Nice to hear you're using your DR BIG Bob.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:11 pm

I`m off to stay with Knobblywobbly who put this website together and now lives near Almeria.
He`s also got a Caponord so probably knows most of the Capo guys. He did a tour of Morocco last year with them.
It`s a hell of a long way to go on a big single but I`ve done it several times before.
I`m out on one of my Bigs every day whatever the weather so I guess I qualify for the Iron Butt club.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby nug » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Blimey, I am getting envious of you chaps getting away on the bikes. No trips for me this year :tdown: Oh, other than our Norfolk trip back in April Bob. Seems a long time ago.
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby Deano » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:06 am

I managed to get away on the bike down to Isle of Wight this weekend bank holiday, as a treat to myself away from the wife and the dog. Enjoyable couple of days only spoilt by those little things, ah Christ what are they called? you know they appear everywhere in July and August...... KIDS!!!. If I had behaved like that at that age my old man, in his words "would have knocked me into next week" when did it become acceptable to let you kids tear round the dining area of a pub playing chase, standing on the seats and screaming while mum and dad just sit and eat?
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!!
Deano

Postby nug » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Just one of the benefits of holidaying in the UK. At least you got away Deano.
nug

Postby BigBob » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:08 am

Just got back from seeing Knobblywobbly down near Almeria.
5,600km on a Big in two weeks has left me with a seriously sore ar se and crippling backache which I knew would happen as the Big was not built with comfort in mind.
I kept off the motorways there and back and took the scenic route where possible so I rode some amazing roads, especially over the Pyrenees.
The roads down near Almeria were challenging to say the least, especially this one at over 6000 ft https://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/s ... fique.html
ES_velfique__rte_1487435059.jpg

big_ride_velefique_1.jpg

When we reached the top there were about 100 skateboarders there who were having a race down the mountain. Serious nutters!
After descending some seriously dangerous hairpins we climbed up this one https://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/s ... -alto.html which is over 7000 ft
The Big behaved impeccably throughout and was in its element in the tight twisties and kept up with the Caponord, Varadero and 1200GS BMW I was riding with.
Probably the best, and definitely the most dangerous, was this one https://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/s ... arrau.html Loads of off camber hairpins and switchbacks on a very narrow road with no barriers and enormous drops if you got it wrong. The roads leading to it either side were miles of swooping bends with amazing scenery.
All this was done on a bike nearly 30 years old so no excuses for not getting out more and having fun.
Time to do an oil change .................

Top of the Larrau Pass at 6000ft
Photo-0005_4.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby nug » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:29 am

Fantastic stuff :tup:
nug

Postby Deano » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:47 am

Well it looks ok but lets face it Bob it ain't no Blackgang Chine and a glass tube of multi-coloured sand now is it...... :crazy:
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!!
Deano

Next

Return to Travel