Good & bad from e-blag!

another one

Postby spendango » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:16 pm

spendango
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: another one

Postby Haga lout » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Yes prices for clean low mileage ones are on the way up if it sells but like triumphs they don't need to sell just a few people put them up for sale at that price and the next person that wants to sell sees what the rest are advertised at and goes with it then a dealer gets a bit greedy and it goes up again and it goes on 1980/1990 bikes are starting to go up as all the old farts that wanted old Brits have died or in a home so now it's the bikes you lusted after in you teens
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby kyle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Wonder how many of these overpriced bikes actually sell?
kyle
Should Get Out More!
Should Get Out More!

Postby Haga lout » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:32 pm

The thing is if there all that price there not over priced that's the price if you won't one all it needs is a few to up the price of there bike and that becomes the price for one
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby off-the-planet » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:33 am

I owned that Big for a while. Sold it in 2008 with just under 16,000 miles on it.
Be tempted to own it again if the price was a bit more reasonable... :think:
off-the-planet
Regular
Regular

Postby Haga lout » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:29 am

off-the-planet wrote:I owned that Big for a while. Sold it in 2008 with just under 16,000 miles on it.

What price did you sell it for? And what price do you think you'd pay now for it? They seem to of gone up buy about £1k (asking price not always the selling price ) in the last year for a nice low mileage bike when I started looking 2 years ago they was £1500/£1700 now £2300/£3300 when I go to the big rally in Germany next year with bob& nug in the van I'm taking some cash and see what's for sale over there as they still seem the right price over there but by the time you've gone for it and rereged it your up to uk price but if I'm there that saves a few £
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby nug » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:22 am

Wish I still had my 43 now as I would now get a damn site more than the £1850 I sold it for ! Its probably rotting in somebodies shed now :tdown:
nug

Postby off-the-planet » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:56 am

Haga lout wrote:
off-the-planet wrote:I owned that Big for a while. Sold it in 2008 with just under 16,000 miles on it.

What price did you sell it for? And what price do you think you'd pay now for it? They seem to of gone up buy about £1k (asking price not always the selling price ) in the last year for a nice low mileage bike when I started looking 2 years ago they was £1500/£1700 now £2300/£3300 when I go to the big rally in Germany next year with bob& nug in the van I'm taking some cash and see what's for sale over there as they still seem the right price over there but by the time you've gone for it and rereged it your up to uk price but if I'm there that saves a few £

Sadly old age means I can't remember what price I sold it for! I was having building works done at the time and had nowhere to store it, hence the sale.
I would have thought £2000 ish would be reasonable, but you could advise me otherwise; it's only 60 miles or so away from me, so I could be interested..

Merry Xmas everyone...
off-the-planet
Regular
Regular

Postby H_Lime » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Buddy just bought this now. Delighted for him, looks to be a beautiful machine. Prices deffo on the up gents!
Now to get it home to Eire.

Off the planet what can you tell us about the bike? Any and all info would be hugely appreciated. If you have any documentation or parts we'd love to buy em?
H_Lime

Postby off-the-planet » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:05 am

H_Lime wrote:Buddy just bought this now. Delighted for him, looks to be a beautiful machine. Prices deffo on the up gents!
Now to get it home to Eire.

Off the planet what can you tell us about the bike? Any and all info would be hugely appreciated. If you have any documentation or parts we'd love to buy em?

Hi H_Lime,
Your Buddy just saved me from myself - I had just made the decision to buy it back, and would have been back in touch with the garage on Monday.
I hope he didn't pay the asking price for it. The garage told me they were selling it on behalf of a customer, and I could take it away for £2250, which was where I would have started negotiations.
I moved house about 4 months ago, and had a clear out of parts for it then, (brand new carbs and other bits). Sold some on here.
I don't think I have anything left specific to that bike, (I have some other parts, but am still running a twin-tank Big).

Regards,
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
off-the-planet
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Ebay Stuff