Good & bad from e-blag!

FOR PARTS ????????????????????????

Postby spendango » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:43 pm

spendango
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: FOR PARTS ????????????????????????

Postby BigBob » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:29 pm

That`s a lot of money for a cat C bike that needs so many repairs. Not long ago you could get a really good one for that kind of money.
Must be a recent import from Italy as it still has its original silencer, and none of those survived more than one British winter.
It will need another undented tank and they are getting scarce, plus a respray.
I bet the dealer got it for nothing in lieu of storage charges for the insurance company.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby Haga lout » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:35 pm

BigBob wrote:That`s a lot of money for a cat C bike that needs so many repairs. Not long ago you could get a really good one for that kind of money.
Must be a recent import from Italy as it still has its original silencer, and none of those survived more than one British winter.
It will need another undented tank and they are getting scarce, plus a respray.
I bet the dealer got it for nothing in lieu of storage charges for the insurance company.

What parts Bob tank side ,clutch leaver ,back light ( I need one of them too ) number plate and a seat cover bet you have all them in your grotto bob
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby nug » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:28 am

Worth 800 in my opinion. Booolocks to the insurance co !
nug

Postby spendango » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:07 am

Yeah I thought £600 myself
spendango

Postby BigBob » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:11 am

It`s already had one restoration as the tanks, mudguard, rack, frame etc have been recently been painted and the bars are Renthal.
Should have invested in some crash bars. :crazy:
As you say £6-800.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby Haga lout » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Call up today for a look, it's a bit of a mess, the tanks dented as you can see in the photos, all the bodywork is tatty and scratched, it's got a clutch lever of sort that's broken at the pivot.
The rack is broken, and the frame that holds the rear light is damaged, back light also smashed.
Looks like it was hit up the back and then gone down on the left, all the engine is cosmetically bad with scrapes and missing paint
Now the bad bit, they have been starting it by decomp then letting it thump over on the starter till it fires.
It sounds like the crank is falling out but when it did start ran and ticked over they have been stopping it by the kill switch and it makes the same bad knock but only once
I offered them £400 as I don't think it's worth much more and a C cat damage. They turned me down saying they'd been offered £1000
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:17 am

A motorcycle dealer advertising a bike incorrectly? Surely not? It looked like a heap and your viewing confirmed it.
You have to feel sorry for the poor sod that has offered him a grand for it.
It`s a 1988 J model and one of the crank bearings wasn`t up to the job, so a lot of them sound like the big end is about to let go, though strangely enough, they never seem to, and just rattle on for ever. Mind you, a ham fisted clod of a dealer isn`t doing it any favours.
Sounds like a dog of a money pit and best to avoid it.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby nug » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Mine doesn't rattle :tup:

Judging from your inspection Haga, I reckon Mr £1000 pound is going to be disappointed when he gets it home, That's if he exists of course :think:

I wish people would advertise things honestly. Or are they waiting for somebody who has no clue whatsoever to turn and throw a wad of cash at them ?

Still needs saving though.
nug

Postby Haga lout » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:48 pm

I'm still new to these motors but as he was spinning it over after dropping the decomp with no choke as it tried to fire he opened the throttle a bit and it started a loud knock ,knock,knock that sounded to be coming from the left bottom side it sounded like a old cement mixer starting up I found the choke should it be on the carbs left hand side no cable just a pull knob with the choke on it fired up and ran with no probs as he stopped it with the kill switch it made one more knock as it stopped there a salvage yard with probly 200 smashed cars and a large barn with 100+ bikes when I told him my thoughts he just srugged and said they'd had a offer of £1000 and if they didn't have it someone will off the photos I'd of payed poss £900to £1000 thinking get the side tank painted (£100 ) rack,clutch leaver ,back light poss £120 off eBay and have a dr on the road for about £1200 that I'd not be worried about dropping if someone from a long way off sent a man with a van for it they not be happy . If you think the best a mint cat c bike is £1800 and you need to paint it (£600) £1200 sort motor (£500)£700 bits needed (£200) £500 plus £200 for things that I've mist that leaves £300 so working on that about £1500 to make it mint plus there price who's up for a mint cat c dr for about £2500
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Return to Ebay Stuff