Here is my old DR650RS

Post your 650/600 questions here.

Re: Here is my old DR650RS

Postby bigrob » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:49 pm

Yes H,
Going to get the wheels cleaned up and put the forks on and wheels. After that clean the engine and spray it myself with VHT satin aerosol.

Body work is in great condition so I reckon I'll get away with a Tcut and polish. New pattern decals from Italy will help. If I'm happy with the bike I'll have the wheels re-spoked at a later date.

I have the Hessler s/s header and I've gone for a Marvic or is it Marving tail pipe. Should look good. More work when I'm home at the weekend.

P.S, I don't reckon my linkage bearings needed replacing , but I did it anyway. Around £45.00 if I remember correctly. From ebay.
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
Regular
Regular

Postby nug » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:03 pm

Nug would that all balls bearing/bushings/seals kit work for the 750?

Theoretically it should do all bar the shock bearing. Need to have look at the part numbers to be sure.
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby BigBob » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:42 am

It`s looking good so far :tup:
Surprisingly, the bearings in the linkage seem to always hold up well. I think it`s because they retain the grease well, though I`ve seen a few worn bushes.
The fork springs on the 650 were notoriously soft, which meant lots of dive on braking, so you may need to upgrade them with Progressive or similar.
More £££££ :(
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Previous

Return to DR650/DR600