Here is my old DR650RS

Post your 650/600 questions here.

Re: Here is my old DR650RS

Postby BigBob » Sat May 02, 2020 7:36 am

They changed the colour between years and markets and there`s not really a good photo of your bike as most of your photos now say "image unavailable"
What year is it, and what country of origin?
From what I can see it`s 12F Candy Alpine Blue which is the same as the Big 800 1991-3.
Suzuki don`t use Mansell codes which means paint manufacturers can`t match up the colours
I only know of one that can do your colour http://www.rsbikepaint.com/en-gb/colour ... cheme=9510 but you are looking at £109 per litre or £20 for a tin of aerosol.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby bigrob » Sat May 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Thanks Bob, yes, photobucket have been an arse , so I have lost the link for keeping pics posted. Ill check it out Sunday. Had to much vino to concentrate tonight.
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby bigrob » Sun May 03, 2020 9:36 am

Morning.
Bikes a 1990 import, not electric start. No vin plate on the frame when I bought it.
Here it is.......

Before....

After.....

Tank has some rust, plastics are good, but not cleaned up yet. New decals coming from italy when funds available, there grubby, wheels need refurbishing and a new screen. Front brake needs re bleeding . All in all, happy with the bike. Just need to Tax, insure & M.O.T the bike soon.

(Shhhhh, it's not an Arrow pipe)
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby H_Lime » Mon May 04, 2020 9:30 am

bigrob wrote:Morning.
Bikes a 1990 import, not electric start. No vin plate on the frame when I bought it.
Here it is.......

Before....

After.....

Tank has some rust, plastics are good, but not cleaned up yet. New decals coming from italy when funds available, there grubby, wheels need refurbishing and a new screen. Front brake needs re bleeding . All in all, happy with the bike. Just need to Tax, insure & M.O.T the bike soon.

(Shhhhh, it's not an Arrow pipe)

Bet you're delighted :tup: The frame looks so white, shes looking like new! How's she pulling with the new can? Will you fit the shiny header?
H_Lime
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby bigrob » Mon May 04, 2020 7:23 pm

I have the Hesslar header so this will be fitted in due time. But not done more than 2 miles with lock down on standard pipe.

Upload the app, maybe, or definitely
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby H_Lime » Thu May 07, 2020 9:44 pm

bigrob wrote:I have the Hesslar header so this will be fitted in due time. But not done more than 2 miles with lock down on standard pipe.

Upload the app, maybe, or definitely

They are a nicely polished piece alright. Hopefully this shyte fecks off and we start living the way we want once more.
The tracking app?, I will in my sh1te download it lol.
H_Lime

Postby bigrob » Sat May 09, 2020 7:08 am

I mig welded a 2 inch piece of pipe to my original header and it worked a treat. I'd lost the end to rust. I'll fit the s/s header at some point.
I've literally only ridden it 2 miles . My TT600RE is insured etc, so I probably won't bother with the DR untill we can ride out a proper distance. It felt great on my one ride though and now it has air in the tyres, should be even better :lol:

The Yamaha TTR will be sold at some point, it's a great bike, but way to cramped for me. DR is so much roomier.
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby notags » Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi,
Good luck with MOT,a mate is a bike tester, he told me the most common fail point on a refurb bike is the horn!
So simple but often overlooked. Weather for weekend is good aswell.
Cheers.
notags
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby bigrob » Thu May 21, 2020 5:53 pm

Lol, ironically, the horn is sitting on the seat to remind me to fit it before Saturday MOT :lol:
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby notags » Mon May 25, 2020 10:43 am

Hi,
Nice dr650 there you must be chuffed,note your post elsewhere ref Montana Motorcycles.
Xbaker Bob got his DR800 from him he is quite fair and those DRSs are usually in good nick,plus bob told me the import process is easy now.
Cheers.
notags
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

PreviousNext

Return to DR650/DR600