DR600 won't start, kicks back

Post your 650/600 questions here.

Re: DR600 won't start, kicks back

Postby BigBob » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:37 am

Hi Barry, timing is fixed so it either sparks at the right time or not at all.
If the bike has been standing then in all probability the carb is gummed up with petrol residue and needs to be removed and cleaned out thoroughly.
If you are not familiar with the procedure then get a manual as the Holy Book will become your best friend
As for kicking back ......... they all do that if the ritual is not followed to the letter.
Ease it over to TDC and then kick it like you are kicking a rapist off your mother (well, that`s the advice I was given and it worked for me)
Once the carb is set up and with fresh petrol a good manly boot will have it firing up first time.
The original front end was appalling, with the world`s most criminally inefficient front brake so I`m not surprised it`s been changed.
I put a 91 DR650 complete front end on mine and it transformed it.
Put up a photo of your forks and we`ll have a guess.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby BigBob » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:25 am

Can`t say those forks are at all familiar. Obviously off a much later moto x bike.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby spendango » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Like Bob said you need to get the bike to TDC then a fraction past it let the kick start come back to the top then pretend your smashing a pedo's face with your boot :tup: they can be a c..t to start when warm
spendango
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Return to DR650/DR600