Hi everyone

Give us a clue - who are you?

Re: Hi everyone

Postby nug » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:50 pm

That looked a really good bike. You could have given it to me and in exchange I could have given you enough parts to f@ck up...erm I mean build the bike of your dreams :tup:
Guessing the Landy will be getting a pink metalflake paint job and fluffy dice when the bikes finished :wtf:
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby kyle » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:15 pm

i like the last pic with the black tank. depends on how you go forward tho. must say i dont like the so called cafe racer look. that was a thing for its time not what they are turning it into now :tdown: . i like the flat tracker look. its your bike . hack away if thats what does it for you :twisted: keep putting up the pics. we arent all purists :lol:
kyle
Should Get Out More!
Should Get Out More!

Postby nug » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:12 pm

I just think its a shame to hack up a good bike like that Kyle. By all means hack up a shitter. I can only think of a couple of Bigs that have been modded that actually look right. The height of the headstock, and frame proportions, do not lend themselves well to little peanut tanks, and plank seats. The wheelbase and swingarm, are too long as well. They just end up looking like a Fred in the shed lashup, & if it mean't hacking up a good bike to achieve this mess then its wrong. Acts of evil like this should be punishable by death or at least a good public flogging :tup:

Rant over :twisted:
nug

Postby spendango » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Just keep pouring on the abuse
spendango

Postby BigBob » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:16 pm

I agree with Nathan. Waste of a good bike.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby Haga lout » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:07 pm

BigBob wrote:I agree with Nathan. Waste of a good bike.

Each time someone hacks up one it just means there are less dr's about and the price goes up
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby nug » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:27 pm

A speculative view Haga......you may have a point there mate? I'll get the grinder out :tup:
nug

Postby kyle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:00 am

nug wrote:I just think its a shame to hack up a good bike like that Kyle. By all means hack up a shitter. I can only think of a couple of Bigs that have been modded that actually look right. The height of the headstock, and frame proportions, do not lend themselves well to little peanut tanks, and plank seats. The wheelbase and swingarm, are too long as well. They just end up looking like a Fred in the shed lashup, & if it mean't hacking up a good bike to achieve this mess then its wrong. Acts of evil like this should be punishable by death or at least a good public flogging :tup:

Rant over :twisted:

Yip i know what you are saying. But...... Whats good for you or me isnt necessarily whats good for the next bloke. Surely bikes are all about the joy we get from them. What i hate is the guy hacking up a bike in a cynical move to cash in on the latest trend set by spoilt brats who wont even ride the abortion. But if a guy is "improving" a bike for himself to his own "ideal" i say......have at it! (looks like he's been scared off anyway)
kyle
Should Get Out More!
Should Get Out More!

Postby nug » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 pm

You are right Kyle, but surely common sense says don't hack up a good bike? A good example of any bike is going to be worth decent money for what is, so why not cash in on that by selling it and buying one that's incomplete or rough. I do think that people that do this don't have any appreciation of what the bike is or they would not do it. But as you mention, it is most likely people who will just build something to sell and not even use. That said, many of us just enjoy building stuff and modding it of which I am a prime example.

If anybody knows of a Mint Brough superior for sale please let me know as I am planning on building a trike :lol:
nug

Postby kyle » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:59 am

Brough trike be someting to see[FEARFUL FACE]
kyle
Should Get Out More!
Should Get Out More!

PreviousNext

Return to Who's On Here