Hey from Yorkshire, and elsewhere

Give us a clue - who are you?

Hey from Yorkshire, and elsewhere

Postby jestragon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:50 pm

Hey all.
I would have sworn I registered here when I bought my '96 Big in 2016. But I guess not!
Ridden her a reasonable amount in Holland, where I bought her. Had always meant to go to Hessler's place, as I used to work for an institute based in Leipzig, but never got around to it. Did a trip to France, where I wiped out on a slick, twisty road and dislocated my shoulder (the pic is from about 15 minutes before that happened), luckily the Big didn't suffer much.

I moved to the UK last September, and haven't gotten around to importing the bike yet, so I'll be bumping the thread that talks about the V55/5 form maybe :?

Before this I owned an Aprilia Tuareg 600 while living in W Africa, as well as riding a lot of project 125-150cc 2 stroke bikes, and a Honda Xl185 in South Africa.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jestragon
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Re: Hey from Yorkshire, and elsewhere

Postby BigBob » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:11 am

eee oop! Where in Yorkshire?
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby GrahamW » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 pm

Welcome, that sounds nasty dislocating your shoulder, I did the same thing going down a hill in the wet but I fractured the ball joint as well so put me out of riding for almost a year, amazing how it all heals up.
GrahamW
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby jestragon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Thanks gents!

Bob:

I'm in York for another week, moving to Ripley. My work gets me out all over West Yorkshire, Harrogate and Selby district too. Whereabouts are you?

Graham:
Ouch, fracture is unpleasant! I got to spend a month at my parents' place in the south of France to heal up. I first dislocated it in rough surf in South Africa 13 years ago. I'm hoping it's not going to happen again!
jestragon
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Postby BigBob » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:46 pm

I`m in Essex but my wife is from Yorkshire and very proud of it!
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Return to Who's On Here