back to the forum

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Re: back to the forum

Postby ally » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:52 pm

well the plan was I was going to sort my little list of jobs, went for a ride instead

'taters it was, had a brew and a chat with NUG and off I trot planning to nip in to see my son on the way home, and got about 500 yards down the road and the bike stopped

bugger

forgot to turn fuel tap back on, plonker!

gets about 500 yards down the road, horrendous banging noise crashing on my bash hat, forgot to do my strap up

went home, shot myself in the face!!

:)
ally
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Postby BigBob » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:28 am

Oh dear! I think we`ve all done the same at some point. You are not alone .... :crazy:
I`ve been out for a couple of hours ride every day this week and the roads are so filthy I`ve spent the next hour washing thick mud off the bike.
There also seems to be more brain dead out there than usual so take care.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby ally » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:14 pm

finally managed to spare a few minutes to sort some of the issues left on the bike

managed a timely score of a gear lever on ebay, I mentioned that I was going to batter the old one but it was a complex shape, well the replacement isn't

the damaged one on the bike had a noticeable twist along it's length which the replacement does not, must have had some previous surgery, I will get around to 'adjusting' the old one for stock at some point

the tacho reset wheel went on with very nervous cold hands, the screw is TINY, managed not to drop it on the garage block tarmac floor

my son bought me some pattern mirrors (I'll still have yours when you find 'em NUG) to replace my C90's I had in stock, look a little nicer!

I scored some hand guards off ebay, the left hand one fouls the decompression lever switch presently so when it's a little warmer I'll have a jiggle about

also in my recent purchases a tool kit, must have spent about 10 minutes getting the strap up from behind the door flap thingy, why is it the little things....?

No.1 son hasn't returned my drill (insert expletive here) so was unable to change the yoke for the brake master cylinder to remove the slop

been feeling shite again so not out for a ride on the BIG, my mobility is quite poor now so with cold weather trews on I can't always get on the bike, makes for an interesting watch but is frustrating, needs to warm up a little, looking forward to getting out and about though

ally
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Postby BigBob » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:59 am

"my mobility is quite poor now so with cold weather"

Join the clapped out old gits club :crazy: I think there`s a few of us on here
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby ally » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:05 am

when I rode down to caterham to visit the folks I got on the bike ok, just a quarter mile to the nearest petrol station to top off, got off ok and couldn't get back on, a tad embarrassing

when I stopped for tiffin at the ok diner A1 north (handily next to a fuel stop) I was fortunate enough to park in their bike bay next to the curb so it was easier to get on again

I did the same trip recently on my mz skorpion, seat very comfy but bars too low (for me) and legs scrunched up even though the footrests on lowest position - I took the john wayne walk in to the diner on this occasion, I'm starting to get less funny looks there now, they must be getting used to me

I've done the same journey on my c90 and innova without difficulty, the c90 is especially comfy but fuel capacity @ 3.8 litres means a stop half way where I normally have about 200ml petrol left, got a honda generator tank to go on which doubles my capacity

the mz broke down on the caterham bypass A22 when going onto reserve, suspect water in the fuel, my trusty swiss army knife to the rescue and managed to get on but the ~190 miles is a little close on fuel too, having the BIG fuel capacity offers great peace of mind

I've promised myself more outings this year so will hopefully increase my strength a little to make the riding less uncomfortable

ally
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Postby ally » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 pm

had a trip out today as the weather was a little kinder

much nicer to ride with the replacement gear lever, mirrors better but very buzzy, still need to sort out the rear brake travel

I have a new tyre to swap on to the front and have been struggling with feel, much better today so either I'm getting more used to her again on the slight temp increase is making a difference

I picked up a couple of small (grenade?) bags off ebay, just enough for a small pump and bits and bobs and a bew kit :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IxJrrsrelcUSDXzlx2lmpKW90hoVU-Zb

"Original Canvas Military Grenade bag, travel bag", from beastoree, item number 263626893676 if interested

sorry for the image link, it's hosted on gdrive but couldn't get it to display properly

ally
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Previous

Return to Chatter