Virus

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Re: Virus

Postby bigrob » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:36 am

We have 12 mobile service engineers, covering from the scotish boarders down, as of yesterday we have lost 3 engineers, 1 with a bad back, 2 are self isolating.
One of the isolating bods worked all day in a nursing home and then was told , just before leaving, they had 3 cases of Covid 19 , so he is now off work. The other had his kid sent home from school with a cough so he is gone.

I'm going to stay in Oxford untill Friday to cover work over there and the wife was sent home yesterday (universaty). Uncertain times.

But rest easy fellas, I have bog roll :D
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby Deano » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:46 pm

H_Lime wrote:Funny you mention 28 days later, rewatched it last wk :shock: If you want more of that vibe (relevant as it is now) but with bells on watch "the survivalist", tis a tough watch but excellent.

I have oiled up the shotguns and I am ready for what ever comes my way. I told the misses there was a reason to own 7 and she never believed me until now :shock:
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!!
Deano
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Virus - weapons of choice...

Postby Dr Mabuse » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:34 pm

I've been acquiring a collection of garden & work tools for around the yard, of the medieval type trusted for centuries. The fork, hoe and scythe are great once you get the swing of it!

A selection of 'Re-Bars' (With ground pints) as spears placed around the property at strategic points are cheap and effective too.

And, stock up on your beverages of choice whilst on guard duty.

Later dudes...
Dr Mabuse

Postby nug » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:48 pm

I am glad I live in the sticks. Her indoors family are all in the sub tropic of Edmonton London. Won't be good if it gets out of shape down there. The Army have been briefed on being deployed to control supermarkets (better not get in the way of the Beer and wine). There have even been sightings of Tanks being moved toward the capital. Not sure what they would use those for though other than perhaps road blocks? Should create panic amongst the less intelligent of the population.

So much for the over 70's staying safe indoors. Lincoln was full of stampeding blue rinse this morning. Went to get fuel and they were all filling jerry cans and putting them in the back of their Prius's. Local Co op was like a scene from Cocoon :lolno:
nug

Postby dave#22 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:04 pm

Well...a friend and I went out on an e-bike ride today and we ended up at the riverfront in Chester...and the cafe was shut...is there something going on? :crazy: and the funny thing is, on the way, he dropped his kitkat on the road and I ran over it...total destruction. :lol:
Off to Wales tomorrow on the DR for a ride with some other friends. :tup:
Crisis, what crisis, just carry on regardless.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby nug » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:20 pm

Haha the KitKat could have caused mayhem if they were in short supply Dave :lolno:
The world can't stop turning because of this virus. People just need to use common sense and make an effort not to spread it or contract it. It makes me laugh that we have been told to keep our distance from people in queue's etc and not go round licking door handles or coughing on people, yet today I have seen everybody doing the total opposite. If everybody was smeared in dog shit it would be no problem. Just because it can't be seen and it doesn't stink of shit, they cant do it.
nug

Postby dave#22 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Enjoyable ride into North Wales today, roads fairly quiet, stopped at Betws y Coed for lunch, but took butties just in case, bike park was full and there was a DR800 amongst them!!!...I had a chat with the owner who was from Sandbach and he has two!
The cafe was open, so I bought a coffee. :tup:

Ethanol...instead of using Shell superunleaded today, I used normal unleaded with a dose of Lucas safeguard ethanol fuel conditioner...the first thing I noticed when I stopped was the tickover had risen from 1300 to 1500 rpm!..so I lowered it to 1300. The bike ran well, in fact very well and I had this discussion with a W650 cafe racer owner at Betws who had been looking at the ethanol issue himself.
From now on I'll be using it in all the bikes. :tup:
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby H_Lime » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:33 pm

Dave, have you an explanation for the higher idle?
Will mister drx2 be joining us?
H_Lime

Postby dave#22 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:56 pm

........Dave, have you an explanation for the higher idle?.........

I presume it burns better and makes the fuel more efficient, I was surprised myself.
I used the same bike last week on superunleaded and the tickover was 1300rpm.

I won't be paying the extra premium for super ul now that it contains ethanol and the bike runs well on std ul with an additive...I'll keep monitoring it to see how it goes, but the first ride was excellent. :D
Dave.

Will mister drx2 be joining us?..dunno, I've got his contact details.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Re: Virus UK Gov

Postby Dr Mabuse » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 am

Well lads, here's an interesting statement regarding the pox:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-conseq ... f-covid-19

Interesting it seems to be ignored by msm......
Dr Mabuse

PreviousNext

Return to Chatter