GSXR PIPE

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Re: GSXR PIPE

Postby BigBob » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm

I`ve got a stainless Marving on one of my Bigs that has been there twenty years or so with no problems. Sounds good and needs no rejetting.
Leave your system as it is as you`ll need to make up a link pipe for the Gixxer can which will cost £££££
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby nug » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Just on the exhaust front, alot of people seem to be going to the effort of adapting the GSXR end cans for the DR750/800.. What are the benefits of this over an aftermarket off the shelf set-up like the Marving one? Thats what my DR came with.

It just works very well.Bike loves it and no jetting changes. They are lighter than anything I have found and better quality than most aftermarket cans. They look "factory" having the Suzuki markings on them and they are usually pretty cheap. Only down side is the link pipe having to be fabricated as mentioned. I was tempted to get a batch of stainless ones made as mine is mild steel and rusts. Trouble is, if I did that nobody would buy them and I would end up stuck with them.

I think you could mod a link pipe for a DR650SE which can be bought from the USA where the GSXR can mod is most prolific.
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby gadgetboy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:06 pm

Thanks both for the info, I will most likely leave the marking system on for the moment as it's there, and fits well.

The main reason I asked is that a friend has a stock gsxr 600 2001 end can which he doesn't need, and I have welding kit so link pipe work wouldn't be impossible. But it sounds like either the Marving or gsxr are a pretty ideal set up so no need to create more work for myself at the moment when there's plenty to do on the bike as it is!

Cheers!
gadgetboy
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Postby Wootten » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Are these cans readily available on the market though, Nug? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
Wootten
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Previous

Return to Chatter