RIP

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Re: RIP

Postby Chris1215 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:30 pm

I'm going a bike do hear in a few weeks. It's in snowdon national park pub up the road that serves food great roads and no tent. Just take a sleeping bag.
Fully equipped kitchen and a big lounge with wood burning stove. Could be a good place for a big meet. £15 a night sleeps about 20 I think I happy come along on my 650 or trumpit if iv still not fond a DR big. As I'm on the subject any one interested in a tidy DR 650 in part x for a DR 800. http://www.bensbunkhouse.co.uk/
Chris1215
Regular
Regular

Postby nug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:01 am

No trips for me for some time unfortunately as I need to focus on other things. That bunkhouse looks good though and is certainly one to keep in mind for the future. I hope you have a good trip. Post some pics when you get back :tup:
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby GrahamW » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:48 am

I often go to Bum in the Mud on Mersea Island which is in April.

http://www.buminthemud.co.uk/

I normally go all loaded on my cruiser, one time I went I saw a DR 800 and chatted to the guy who owned it was a couple of years ago. The only problem with the long trips is nearly every time I have been on them I end up going home in torrential rain the kind where you cant see for the spray and get soaked. Have done a few big trips on my VTX been to Bavaria and Austria and rode on the Grossglockner high alpine road which was spectacular.
GrahamW
Regular
Regular

Postby Chris1215 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 am

I will post up some pics and see what the local pub is like nug. You wouldn't need large numbers to have a good meet at the bunk house you could keep it informal and other then sorting a ride out. And I'm sure Dave 22 will have a few good ideas. Not to much to organise.
Hi Graham. Been up the grossglockner my self lovly part of the world.
Chris1215
Regular
Regular

Postby nug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:56 pm

The only problem with the long trips is nearly every time I have been on them I end up going home in torrential rain the kind where you cant see for the spray and get soaked.

Hmm funny that...Its not just me and Bob who get dealt a shit storm every time we go away then !

I wouldn't last long at that Bum in the mud bash..... I have a severe allergy to purple trikes. Actually, trikes generally. No offence to those who own them and love them as its what they are into and I don't have a problem with that. I seriously think it is a genuine condition that needs a medical name. There is a bike meet every Tuesday in the next village to me and I can't go because it is full of CX500 based purple trikes and I would end up saying the wrong thing and would get tied to the fence and beaten with baccy tins. :lol:
nug

Postby GrahamW » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Lol there is normally a whole club of trikes there. ;)
GrahamW
Regular
Regular

Postby BigBob » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:34 am

I live not too far from there but try to avoid Mersey Island, which is known locally as Dagenham on sea.
I went to the rally way back in the day when it was the Arseinthegrass rally, before they had to change its name for being offensive.
Full of patch club Harley owners, trikers, and drunken **** with a serious attitude problem. No thanks.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby GrahamW » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:53 am

BigBob wrote:I live not too far from there but try to avoid Mersey Island, which is known locally as Dagenham on sea.
I went to the rally way back in the day when it was the Arseinthegrass rally, before they had to change its name for being offensive.
Full of patch club Harley owners, trikers, and drunken **** with a serious attitude problem. No thanks.

Lol last time I went or maybe the time before I was awoken in my tent at about 3am but someone shouting "Harley Davidsons are Shit" then proceeding to rev the guts out of their bike. Then there was a bit of a row going on outside. Luckily it was all going on over the next field, also you get the odd smashed yobbo staggering through the tent pegs. I aways enjoy it though on balance. :)
GrahamW
Regular
Regular

Postby nug » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:23 am

I would be yelling " Purple trikes are shit!" :tup:
nug

Previous

Return to Chatter