RIP

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Re: RIP

Postby kyle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:45 pm

im now BIGless. but i still have the 650. actually a better bike for my needs. i still look in now and then but as you know ive never been a massive poster. be a shame to kill the forum BigBob :o
kyle
Should Get Out More!
Should Get Out More!

Postby philcymro » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi Bob I've just joined up and the first post i read is goodbye!!! Hope you do continue at least until i get any info i need (which may take a while).
philcymro
Regular
Regular

Postby nug » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Well, with the help of input from new members it will be worth keeping it going. Ask all the questions you like and we will always be willing to help but I would ask that you return the favour with some feedback on what you do and even better if you back it up with pictures and also info on any trips, modifications etc. Lots of new members come on and ask a few questions then we never hear from them again so it gives little back to the forum and its members. We are all here to share a common interest and help each other out :tup:
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby philcymro » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi Nug hopefully i'm here for the long term.. I bought a honda dominator 3 years ago as it's one of my favourite bikes and now i've got the drbig too. Hope these two will be with me when i pack up riding. :tup:
philcymro
Regular
Regular

Postby nug » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:42 pm

You are man who loves thumpers then :tup:
nug

Re: RIP....Hold yer horses!

Postby Dr Mabuse » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Well Bob

I understand it can be a thankless task with this web stuff. However, I've found it invaluable since picking up my DR800 last February in Sonerset and it pissing a trail of fuel from the carbs all the way back through Wales back to Cork.... A story to be told over a future BIG meet!

The site has enabled me to connect with a few bodies to remedy issues I've had to do to get my bike running sweet. Another story for discussion was with our friend Marco alias O.R. for which I got a set of reconditioned carbs (and the mysterious disappearance into the ether and subsequent remergence of a 'lost' set) which were perfectly set up and now my Big Is running sweet.

Anyhow, I tend not to post to avoid boring the pants off everyone except to seek and/or offer help/knowledge etc.

I missed not getting over to France & Spain this summer however, I've it in my mind to maybe suggest an 'Open Invite' for an informal camp/meet in and around Brittany next year. I tend to use the Cork - Rosscoff ferry crossing if time and money permits? It'd be short notice but maybe a posse can be assembled to rendevouz for a beer & vino.......

Secondly and more likely, I intend to an open invite over here in Cork during the Spring and/or Summer 'Off The Beaten Track' perfect Big Trailie country and if the weather is kind can assure some nifty routes which are not packed with the swarms of 'blingy beemers' and their shiny bits glinting in the balmy weather. Actually, It'd be my intention to be restricted to 'Analogue Carbed Trailies' only and no gps - good ole maps and masking tape notes on the fuel tank. 'Old School'

Therefore, need a live site Bob if that's all right with you.......

Til later dudes.........
Dr Mabuse

Postby nug » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 am

:tup:
nug

Postby dave#22 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:38 am

................I intend to an open invite over here in Cork..........

Hi, pity I didn't know you were in the Cork area, you could have joined us, we were over there last month.
We had a meeting in Balylickey on the West Coast and then stayed at H_Lime's place at Mitchelstown.
Maybe next year we can have a DR BIG meet....somewhere.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby Dr Mabuse » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:27 pm

dave#22 wrote:................I intend to an open invite over here in Cork..........

Hi, pity I didn't know you were in the Cork area, you could have joined us, we were over there last month.
We had a meeting in Balylickey on the West Coast and then stayed at H_Lime's place at Mitchelstown.
Maybe next year we can have a DR BIG meet....somewhere.
Dave.

Well Dave, the weather was like those Italian bikes - crap! :mrgreen: ...and, that Harry Lime geezer sought the advice of some eejit to plan a route...... what possibly could go wrong there........ :roll:
Dr Mabuse

Postby dave#22 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 pm

......Well Dave, the weather was like those Italian bikes - crap! :mrgreen: ...and, that Harry Lime geezer sought the advice of some eejit to plan a route...... what possibly could go wrong there.....

Hi Dave, I thought it may have been you, Colum did say that you'd bought a DR 800....after we left you and your ailing Africa Twin last time we were over.
Why didn't you come over and join us?...the weather wasn't that bad.
Lets hope the weather's better next time.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

PreviousNext

Return to Chatter