RIP

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

RIP

Postby BigBob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 am

This site is dead and no one is using it apart from prolific spammers from the far east.
It`s now just an embarrassment really, and clearly there are not enough Big riders left with anything to contribute, just the odd voice from far away just saying hallo
It will be closed down very shortly and clearly won`t be missed by anyone
End of an era .... :cry:
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Re: RIP

Postby Chris1215 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 pm

That's a shame bob. I'm still looking for a 800. I do check the site out each day but as you say there not much activitie. The old posts are a great reference for new or wannabe owners.
Chris1215
Regular
Regular

Postby Mick75 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Sorry to hear that,I'm new to this form and found it very useful, thanks to everyone who helped me,suppose it is a rare bike with a niche following and they're can't be too many left, better go downloaded all the info I can before its gone, thanks again
Mick75
Regular
Regular

Postby dave#22 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:03 am

Hi Bob, why close it down?....can't we just carry on as we are.
There is a lot of info available on here that would be difficult to find elsewhere, especially for those new to the DR BIG... :tup:
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:37 am

It`s a good point you make Dave.
I guess I`m just fed up with the only people posting on here being effing Chinese spammers, which means I have to check in a couple of times every day to delete the nasty little ****
I couldn`t do that recently as Nug and myself were riding in the Vosges mountains in France for a couple of weeks and had no internet access.
Yep, some of us actually ride our Bigs regularly, though I fear we are in a very small minority and most just polish theirs.
We have hundreds of people registered with this site but have never heard from them. I never knew that Big owners were so shy ;)
It`s the old saying ............. use it or lose it.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby Foreman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:29 am

I'm here! and I check the forum from time to time.
I don't participate too often cause it is not in my mother's langage, so I feel less confort. But It's a pretty site w a lot helpful information about Bigs and It'll be a shame if It dissapears... :tdown:

Regards
Foreman
Regular
Regular

Postby nug » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:58 pm

It would be a shame to lose the archive of info for those who really need it. A few of us on here will get by fine without it because we are fully conversant with the bikes. The community is certainly quiet these days and there is also little interest from other DR owners. I am also on the CCM MAD forum and this seems to have gone the same way. Its a great pity that BIG owners seem to do so little with their bikes. Is nobody rebuilding or modifying them other than the few that hack them up? Does nobody do any interesting trips or even just throw up a pic and comment about a ride out?...It appears not. I will most likely post a few pics from our recent trip to the Vosges Mountains if anybody is actually interested :think: When you look back at the travel posts, it seems that the majority of more recent travel threads are from myself and dave22 which considering the number of members on here is pretty sad.

USE IT OR LOSE IT!
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby dave#22 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:05 pm

................I couldn`t do that recently as Nug and myself were riding in the Vosges mountains in France for a couple of weeks and had no internet access...........

I was down that way in July for our Guzzi Quota meet, then I August I went down and met Rene (DCH6)..our Dutch expat expert...North of the Massive Central, then a few weeks ago Chris 1215 came over for a chat and a sit on my 41 & 43.
Don't do it Bob...it's a good source of info and contacts.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:36 pm

OK I`ll leave it for now. Be nice if we had a few more postings though.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby nug » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Wheres Spendango? as one of the most prolific posters along with Bob and me you should be here chipping in mate :wave:
nug

Next

Return to Chatter