Price guide.

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Price guide.

Postby Chris1215 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:14 am

I'm currently riding a triumph Explorer and a DR 650. After a visit to dave #22 and sit on a couple of his bikes. Iv made the decision to find a 800. Unfortunately I will have to say goodbye to the 650 ( miss Daisy) I do like the look of duel tank version. But that's not set in stone. But as you are well aware Dr big are not exactly coming out the woodwork. The 3 on eBay at the min differ vastly in price one at £3500 to me must be well over the odds.
So what is the right price range for a DR big? What's would you consider a fair price for a tidy Dr compered to a project. Not easy to put a exact price I no. But I would be interested to no your thoughts
Chris1215
Regular
Regular

Re: Price guide.

Postby Mick75 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:38 am

I paid €1500 euro for my DR750 and about 300 to get it usable, I seen a 800 advertised locally for€1500 as well,I wouldn't pay much more, eBay's full of jackasses, I'm in Ireland by the way
Mick75
Regular
Regular

Re: Price guide.

Postby nug » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:52 pm

There is a lot of not so good ones out there which have been got at by nut rounders as is the case with many older bikes. Any bike you spot is worth posting on here in case we know it or can comment on it. Also, its worth asking if a local member can check the bike out for you. A good one is worth paying a bit more for. Many of the not so goods ones have to be priced down in my opinion as you could sink many hours and a few quid into getting them up to spec. £800 for a dog that runs and rides up to over £3000 for a minter if you really want one. If I was looking to sell mine I would want £2500 + for it because of the bikes is A1 mechanically and is modded properly to enhance the bike. That said, a mint original SR41 is really worth more because its original. Horses for courses as they say.
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Return to Chatter