First Spin

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

First Spin

Postby philcymro » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 pm

I taxed my dr after work on the first and geared up for a spin. Got the bike out, helmet on, gloves on, garage locked. Pressed the starter and ..... click. Garage opened back up ,charger out and plugged in . Ten minutes later I'm on my way to Sennybridge for a coffee and slice of apple tart and custard. My first spin on a dr800 :D The bike is lovely with plenty of power and smooth. We've got a local charity run this Sunday so we'll have a spin in daylight to see how she is . :)
philcymro
Regular
Regular

Re: First Spin

Postby Mick75 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Well done, I know the feeling, only got my 750 running right recently after a lot of false starts
Mick75
Regular
Regular

Postby nug » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:00 am

Good stuff :tup:
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby BigBob » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 am

:tup:
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby GrahamW » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Sounds good hope you get nice weather. I ordered a motobatt to go in mine as my battery was dry after sitting for 6 years.
GrahamW
Regular
Regular

Postby philcymro » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Well the spin has taken place . I needed the battery charger to get her going so left a bit early to put a few miles of electric back in. Ten minutes into my journey it absolutely p****ed down so I turned back to the meeting point and arrived in bright sunshine and the other boys bone dry :eh: The charity run was only a short run from Ammanford to Llandeilo then through Bethlehem onto Llangadog and back over the mountain to Brynamman and return to Ammanford. Twenty seven of us in all including two Morgan three-wheelers one triumph two moto guzzis one bantam two B.S.A. an A.J.S. and a few assorted 70s/80s trail bikes. The ride leader was on a newish triumph thruxton. The dr run lovely and was stopped and started a few times so I don't know if I need a new battery or just leave this one on a trickle charger when not in use (discuss). After the ride a few of us went to M and P in Swansea for a late breakfast so had a bit of motorway work. She's steady as a rock at 70 ish with no turbulence or vibration. All in all I'm very pleased and weather permitting will be out again Wednesday. :tup:
philcymro
Regular
Regular

Postby philcymro » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Three of us went out again on Sunday. Left at 9-30 from Ammanford for breakfast in Sennybridge. At the Cray reservoir we had to pull in as I couldn't feel my fingers. After a quick warm on to Sennybridge for a very welcome feed and coffee stop.. From there we went to Brecon and took the road through Upper Chapel to Builth Wells and on to Rhayader. We usually go LLangurig to Aberystwyth but decided to have a change and went through the Elan valley along the reservoirs. Then came the mountain road to Cwmystwyth and Devils' Bridge. If you are ever in mid Wales do this road it is definitely in my top ten. :tup: . Devils' bridge to Tregaron and a coffee stop in Lampeter then home through Talley and Llandeilo. A cracking ride and i absolutely love this bike but probably have to put it away while the salt is down over the winter.
philcymro
Regular
Regular

Postby dave#22 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:56 am

I was out for a ride on my DR BIG on Sunday and stopped for lunch at Crossgates ...not far from Doddy Wells and Rhayader...if i'd known, we could have met up... :tup:
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby philcymro » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Normally if we're around mid wales Crossgates is our breakfast stop.
philcymro
Regular
Regular

Postby philcymro » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:32 pm

Out again today but decided to take the vstrom for a change.. Down to Ferryside for breakfast and then Carmarthen Lampeter Llanwrda and the Owls' Nest in Llandovery for a coffee on the way home. A bit cold and slippy on the iron works and white lines but home safe and sound.
philcymro
Regular
Regular

Return to Chatter