Just checking in.....

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Just checking in.....

Postby Dr Mabuse » Thu May 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Hello lads

Just checking in to see if everyone is still breathing unassisted.......

I've been neglecting my Big Thing and need to get around to throwing my leg over it again! Been busy with things and, of course the long winter has been a stinker down and around Cork so not much enthusiasm to go out recently.

I got myself another Pan Euro 1300 a few weeks ago (08 - 10K/mls) having had to flog my other a couple of years back. Covered 1,800 kms over a couple of weekends around the Munster Coast. Only a few continentals touring but, still early in the year yet.

Anyhow, if anyone is coming around the Cork region give me a howler maybe meet for a beer here in Cork City or about the hood. Hope to get down to Alozaina for my summer base around July and over to Tangier if possible (on ST not DR).

Anyhow, I trust all are well & dandy.......

Later dudes......
Dr Mabuse
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Just checking in.....

Postby BigBob » Fri May 25, 2018 11:21 am

Our numbers are few and getting fewer it seems. I`m still out on a Big most days but haven`t seen another Big on the road for many years ..... sigh!
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby dave#22 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:54 am

Our numbers are few and getting fewer it seems. I`m still out on a Big most days but haven`t seen another Big on the road for many years ..... sigh!

Same here Bob... :tup:
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby Dr Mabuse » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:49 pm

Ah well, maybe it's the heat keeping bodies off bikes at the moment. I took the pan out for spin after morning bus run to do a few errands, I was melting - too lazy to unzip thermals........ When I got my DR last year, I got a few bits at a local bike repair shop. John the owne,r was a friend of a former Suzuki dealer here in Cork - he only ever sold 1 Big apparently in Cork City. And, incidentally, he has an engine gasket set for a DR750 still unused in the wrapper sitting on the shelf past 20 years!

I hope to take a spin across to Mizen Head in the morning for a coffee and an ice cream.There is an art to lick it (the ice cream!) quicker than it melts but avoiding an ice cream head ache. Usually a lot of touring bikers this way often outnumbered by the GS beemers blinged out with all that TouraTit nonsense with matching him & her outfits. Often adorned with those global map stickers on their panniers and Saharan Nomad stickers on the tank but only thr tough guys without the heated saddles....

Hope to get a spin on the udated CRF1000 Africa Twin soon just for the craic - about €16k here - we get shafted on tax here.

And just to repeat, give me a howler if about Cork some time.....

Regards

Dave
Dr Mabuse

Postby Mr.Z » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:57 pm

Riding my Big every day and saw a hand full last month by the Dutch Dr Big club meeting, even put my nobby's under for the offroad ride and that was a while ago i did that for the last time on the Big 8-)
Mr.Z
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Postby nug » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Last Big I saw other than mine was last Friday. Some grumpy old bastard called Bob turned up at my house on a red SR43.... :lolno:
nug

Postby BigBob » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Mister Grumpy old bastard if you don`t mind ;)
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Return to Chatter