Ace Cafe Overland and Adventure Bike Travel Day

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Re: Ace Cafe Overland and Adventure Bike Travel Day

Postby H_Lime » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Lol exact Dave ;) are your papers all in order!
Anyone I know over here is sick shit of hearing about it so I can only imagine what it must be like over there! :o
Do have a chat with Nug, yer all more than welcome! :tup:

As Dave might tell you i cannot find my way out of a brown paper bag, but I'm an effective liar and will recount stories of historic battles and epic adventures that occurred right where we happen to be standing... Mabuse on the other hand is like Johnny Cash and has been everywhere, and remembers how to get there.
H_Lime
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby nug » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Thanks for the invite Colum. Will see how things pan out over the coming months as still in financial recovery mode and to add to the shit storm, her indoors is just about to start her new career which means she will not have any income for the next quarter!

Anyway, back to the thread......

Ace cafe meet

Bob, me, Gary (XTZ 750), and my brother Anthony (Africa twin RD03) all converged on said meet this Sunday past. We travelled into the smoke from all 4 points of the compass which meant that we all arrived individually so did not get to park the bikes together which was a shame.
It was a decent run down from Lincolnshire for me. Took me around 2 1/2 Hrs. No bother for the others either.

There were the normal waves of modern Adventure bikes on show and even a good few of those new Royal Oilfield Himalayans with signs of being used outside of London :lol:

There were some stands selling the usual kit that we all must have to complete the RTW look, plus a few travel and shipping type companies. We didn't really take much notice of the commercial side of things as it was mainly a catchup for us. I enjoyed a hearty breakfast before getting around the bikes, I took a few pics of the older and more interesting bikes as that's my perversion. So, apologies to those who want to see the latest wiz bang leave you stranded at the side of the road type of adventure bike :wave:

The more observant of you will spot our Bigs and Gary's XTZ. I forgot to take a pic of my brother mint Africa Twin!

So, here are a few pics for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nug on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nug

Postby nug » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:46 pm

Some more....
20190324_130042.jpg
20190324_125625.jpg
20190324_120611.jpg
20190324_114200.jpg

And finally..... after a long boring ride up the A1, I decided to shake off the monotony by doing my final leg home via the Viking way :tup:

20190324_164239.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nug

Postby BigBob » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:27 am

Shame there were not more Bigs. Still, we flew the flag for big singles and our bikes had quite a bit of interest.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Ah lads yer spoilt :tup: nice array of interesting bikes to say the least. Love them cagivas!! Showstopper for me is the red 800 big in second to last shot. Whos?
H_Lime

Postby BigBob » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:10 am

Showstopper for me is the red 800 big in second to last shot. Whos?

You are a man with impeccable taste Colum :tup: . It`s one of mine.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:50 pm

BigBob wrote:Showstopper for me is the red 800 big in second to last shot. Whos?

You are a man with impeccable taste Colum :tup: . It`s one of mine.

Ah no way lol!
Didn't know you had one of the later 800's Bob. Looks well tidy. Theyre a nice colour and yours is well contrasted with the wheels and bars.
H_Lime

Postby BigBob » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:34 pm

I`ve had it a few years now. Everything that should/could be powder coated was done in gloss black including the wheel rims .
I rebuilt the wheels with s/steel spokes, and apart from the Devil s/steel system it`s essentially standard.
Took me to the south of Spain and back a few weeks ago with no problems.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Previous

Return to Chatter