Refurb almost complete....

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Refurb almost complete....

Postby Dr Mabuse » Sat May 25, 2019 6:59 pm

Greetings.......

Well, I'm getting there with the Suzuki refurb since acquiring it a couple of years back. Not long back from Mr Slime whereupon he kindly installed and commissioned real brakes kit having convinced me this was the only way to go and, he was right, again!

For me I think the DR is a death trap brakes wise, always on edge along country roads. My ride home today was a joy - 1 fingered braking with absolute feel even shod with TKC's.

Carbs refurb by Marco (Netherlands) were perfectly matched to suit the custom replica exhaust (Gazelle SS Exhausts) so the bike runs super sweet with little vibes or buzz.

Wheels just rebuilt by Stephen Russell MX with hand made (By 82y/o semiretired bike mechanic!) galvanised spokes on original hubs and alloy rims.

Maybe a new shock & front springs next year.

Anyhow, tis nice to have it generally sorted and actually have brakes that stop ya!

Later dudes......

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Mabuse
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Refurb almost complete....

Postby BigBob » Sat May 25, 2019 9:49 pm

:tup:
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Re: Refurb almost complete....

Postby H_Lime » Sun May 26, 2019 11:54 am

Probably the best upgrade i put on my bike. Very saucy money but very saucy braking :tup: .
Works great with a 12.8mm nissin mc offa kwaker 250r. HE sells a 12mm one incidentally, but the 250 one has a mirror perch and brake switch ready to rock.
Genuinely is all the front brake you would ever wish for or need on a bike like this.

Yer bike felt lovely to ride Dave i have to say, really well set up. ;)
H_Lime

Return to Chatter