Fuel Consumption & Tyres

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Fuel Consumption & Tyres

Postby Dr Mabuse » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:08 pm

It's my first day off for summer so I went for a spin along the coast from Cork City to Clonakilty for my lunch today around 130kms round trip. I topped up the fuel from last my spin to work out my average fuel consumption however, I was going a little quicker than usual last time out as it was warm and dry and a little more confidence that I can stop now with proper brakes. Anyhow results:

Metric: 20.69 Kms Per/Ltr
Imperial UK: 46.46 Mpg

Seems grand to me and I'd expect these figures to improve slightly when plodding along at my usual sightseeing pace of 60 - 80 KPH.

A couple of pics too Dunworley Bay just south of Clonakilty where I had my usual pitstop at Scannels Bar for a tasty lunch. There's a large beer garden and parking out back and you can keep an eye on you're bike to if laden with gear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Mabuse
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Fuel Consumption & Tyres

Postby BigBob » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:23 pm

Looks to be a fine part of the world. mpg is 45-50 on a 800 so you are about right there.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby nug » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:33 pm

I'll second that. I get 45-48 on my 750. My SR43 that I had would do exactly the same.

Good to see that you using the bike properly :tup:

I miss my 800 :(
nug

Postby Dr Mabuse » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Fuel economy and tyres and indeed biking costs in general has been getting expensive.recent times. Hadn't notice running costs since I got rid of my GTR1400 in 09, lucky to get 3k from front tyres, they shreded them. My Africa Twin just keeps going like a two wheeled Toyota Hylux with basic maintenance and I get similar economy fuel wise and it's usually heavily laden with camp gear.
Dr Mabuse

Postby GrahamW » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:58 pm

I have a Honda VTX 1800c and when that was my only bike it needed new tyres every year. £130 for the front and £160 for the rear just for the tyres then had to take the wheel to have them fitted. Set of rear pads lasted about 3 months, biking is getting more expensive especially oem parts. Part of the reason I am getting my 800 on the road. I have always fancied an Africa Twin they sound good and reliable is that the older one or the new one. I much prefer the look of the older one rather than the alien futuristic look they are going for now.
GrahamW
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby jamminbmx » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:03 am

I get 42mpg...not so good. But that is 2 up with a big bag lashed to the rack so maybe ok?

I got a pair of Conti Trail Attack 2 tyres as I never go off road and they have done 10k kms and still have loads of life left. Good solution for the tarmac!
jamminbmx
Regular
Regular

Return to Chatter