Camping on the DR

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Camping on the DR

Postby GrahamW » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:09 am

At a rally in Holland on my DR the camping setup works well. :)

Bike sticks out like a sore thumb at a Honda Shadow cruiser rally but have been coming here for years.

GrahamW
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Re: Camping on the DR

Postby nug » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Nice one :tup:
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby GrahamW » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:15 pm

I am getting some stick here, the Yellow Peril they are calling it! :lol:
GrahamW
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby nug » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:31 pm

All in jest I imagine. Would be the same if a cruiser turned up at a DR Big meet :tup: Mind you it could end up like a scene from Deliverance :shock:
nug

Postby H_Lime » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:37 pm

That pic is kewl! Enjoy yerself. Heaven!
H_Lime

Postby spendango » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:21 am

They're all jealous
spendango

Postby Dr Mabuse » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:20 pm

It's grand to get away and particularly if the weather is dry. I'm glad you got away without any hiccups.

I got a puncture on my last week away towards the end of a long days ride. Thankfully, I was just coming into Killaloe on the Shannon bridge. A local garage had his mate come and rescue me in his furniture truck with tail lift for a repair in Limerick. A fecker of a day but, the kindness of strangers (bikers) made the difference.

I like those classic colours of blue & yellow - your bike looks cool.
Dr Mabuse

Postby GrahamW » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:15 pm

Cheers the DR did me proud and got me there and back with no problems whatsoever although as I got closer to Hook of Holland ferry terminal on the way back I was worrying about my bad cams but it was fine just noisy. The weather was a bit too hot to be honest and there was not that much shade on the campsite. Some of the guys took us for a jaunt in to Belgium and we visited a German WW2 cemetery in Lommel which was sombre, just crosses and crosses and crosses all around as far as the eye can see and some of the graves with flowers and candles around and a photo of the officer in his uniform. Also a couple of big monuments with iron crosses etc.

I was getting stick off my mates I went over with for being on a Suzuki but the funny thing was one of them was on an Intruder 800 himself so they couldn't say too much. ;)

The DR had a lot of interest on the ferry and the posh looking old git with white hair on a brand new looking R1250GS I was admiring came and commented that it was a proper bike the DR and was asking about it.
GrahamW
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby nug » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:24 pm

Good that the trip went well for you. It is always a bit of a worry when you take a new (old) bike on its first long trip.

Some of the guys took us for a jaunt in to Belgium and we visited a German WW2 cemetery in Lommel which was sombre, just crosses and crosses and crosses all around as far as the eye can see and some of the graves with flowers and candles around and a photo of the officer in his uniform. Also a couple of big monuments with iron crosses etc.

Bob and myself have visited more bone yards than I can remember over the years. It is something everybody needs to do.
nug

Postby GrahamW » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:40 pm

I did a couple of tours of Europe on the VTX with some of the same crowd a few years back one time we went over the Großglockner High Alpine Road and did a rally in Bavaria and another time we went to one in Poland and visited Auschwitz which was somber as well. That one in Lommel though was quite somber and reminded me a bit of Pink Floyds the Wall video a bit there were so many crosses.
GrahamW
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Next

Return to Chatter