Grid lock

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Grid lock

Postby Deano » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Even on the bike this weekend it was murder on the roads, It was almost as if the whole of Saaaf Lundan had come to Sussex for the weekend but decided to travel back and forth rather than stay over. Brighton beach looked like this :tdown: where by the pier it looked like a record attempt at the biggest game of sardines. Some of the lunatic drivers were so bad that I put the bike back in the garage Saturday afternoon and left it there. A pulse is more important that a sunny ride..........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!!
Deano
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Grid lock

Postby Dr Mabuse » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi Deano, I concur, how dare the populace compromise my ride and leisure time!

I find England particularly overcrowded in general - too many fish in the bowl. I couldn't stand London in the 80s in comparison to wee Ireland!

Its near impossible to find any peace & quiet over there. It's been very noticeable since the the millennia here in Ireland how the towns & cities have vacuumed up the rural population. Then, on a day off they're off to claim a metre of beach. Standing room only today!

But, tech can provide you with a virtual reality mountain pass of twisty roads without leaving home. 5G roll out will see to that.

We're probably the last generation of bikers, enjoy it while you can.....
Dr Mabuse

Postby BigBob » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:48 pm

I remember Brighton being like that back in the 60s, so nothing changes. Sheep all of `em.
Have to agree with Dr Mabuse re overpopulation.
I would go and live in Ireland tomorrow if it didn`t persistently precipitate all the time.
It`s a wonder they dont have webbed feet ;)
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby GrahamW » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:23 pm

That's madness that picture of Brighton looks like I picked a good weekend to get away from the South Coast. I am only about 15 miles along the coast from Brighton and if I am going just get the train there. I have been there before on the train on a hot sunny day and didn't realize Brighton Burnup and was so glad I wasn't standing around in leathers. There are some lovely roads in Sussex up in the downs that are pretty much empty even when the beaches are packed that A259 can be murder for traffic when it is good weather and all the grockles are out.
GrahamW
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby H_Lime » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:49 pm

I was always an anti social bastard but i cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would travel in a herd to a stony beach to sweat alongside joe public. Not my bag. Why are the most visited beaches in the UK always stony godforsaken dumps lol?
H_Lime

Postby Deano » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:24 am

GrahamW wrote:There are some lovely roads in Sussex up in the downs that are pretty much empty even when the beaches are packed that A259 can be murder for traffic when it is good weather and all the grockles are out.

Normally you would be right Graham but the traffic on the A23 had backed up to the shell garage at Burgess Hill so "Zulu's sir thousands of them" had taken to the back roads (isn't sat/nav just grand everyone knows an alternative route) and as they were unfamiliar with the roads you would find them coming round on the wrong side of the road taking bends to fast etc. It got to the point that the pleasure was no longer in the riding, just the desire to get home in one piece.

A lot less cars in the 60's Bob...
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!!
Deano

Postby BigBob » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:38 pm

A lot less cars in the 60's Bob...

Indeed. About 3 million compared to 33 million today.
I think everyone got a cheap day return back then as it was when rail travel was affordable.
If you drove there were no parking restrictions either.
Either way, the beaches were swamped with brainless herds of the great unwashed.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby nug » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm

I would rather dip my nuts in acid than sit on a beach as crowded as that. Call me a grumpy old F+c@er but I would much rather go to places that nobody else goes. I do not understand the herding instinct in humans :crazy:
nug

Return to Chatter