G.O.T

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

G.O.T

Postby BigBob » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:38 pm

As I was riding down Hadleigh High Street yesterday afternoon a couple stepped out in front of me from behind a van and only a mega stoppie from me avoided them being splattered by 200kg of Suzuki Big. Cue crushed nuts on the fuel tank .... ouch!
After being shouted at and told that I should watch where I`m going!........... of course it was my fault they were looking at their poxy phone!
I then realised it was Ygritte and The King of the North, yep, Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie.
I didn`t shout back in case there were Dothraki or dragons about so let it go otherwise WW3 would have kicked off.
Apparently they live just up the road.

nb If you have never watched Game of Thrones then this won`t mean anything, and shame on you for not doing so.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Re: G.O.T

Postby bigrob » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:30 am

I feel shamed Bob, never watched it :oops:
Many years ago, when being a lunatic motorcycle courier in London (90's), a colleague of mine was riding down Fleet St and the same thing happened to him.
A fella stepped out into the road, was hit by by mate and splatted by his BMW fairing and unfortunately died on the spot. At the inquest he was exhonorated, but still a horrible thing to happen.

Worse now, as you pointed out, people now stare at their phones :crazy:
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
Regular
Regular

Postby H_Lime » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:34 pm

BigBob wrote:As I was riding down Hadleigh High Street yesterday afternoon a couple stepped out in front of me from behind a van and only a mega stoppie from me avoided them being splattered by 200kg of Suzuki Big. Cue crushed nuts on the fuel tank .... ouch!
After being shouted at and told that I should watch where I`m going!........... of course it was my fault they were looking at their poxy phone!
I then realised it was Ygritte and The King of the North, yep, Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie.
I didn`t shout back in case there were Dothraki or dragons about so let it go otherwise WW3 would have kicked off.
Apparently they live just up the road.

nb If you have never watched Game of Thrones then this won`t mean anything, and shame on you for not doing so.

Mad lol.
https://www.google.com/search?q=+and+Th ... DGBVe0MsVM:
You should have hopped off and bent the knee also :lol:
Never knew they were an item. Incidentally she can actally act that lass, great in the good fight.
My only claim to fame in nearly running over someone was Donovan the singer from the 60's who walked out in front of me doing my car test and nearly went up on the bonnet. Tester laughed and said you nearly killed Donovan, still passed mind you:)
Have to say Le Bob I'm shocked yer a got fan, somehow never expected that :clap:
H_Lime
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby BigBob » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:13 pm

You should have hopped off and bent the knee also

I only bend the knee to my wife who really is the mad queen :lolno:

Loved GOT as I`m a big history buff and can trace several relatives back to the wars of the Roses which it`s based on (most of them died fighting for the wrong side)

I believe the aforesaid couple are now blissfully wed, though clearly suicidal!
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby nug » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Should of letemavit Bob! Just because they are in your favorite soap does not give them immunity from a good old slapping! Were they wearing the hairy outfits from the show?
nug

Postby BigBob » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:59 pm

He was in a dark hoodie and she had a lumberjack shirt on. Very disappointing.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:21 am

Should roared outta the way "ya bastad* :lol:
H_Lime

Postby GrahamW » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Wow what a thing to happen :)
GrahamW
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby Deano » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:36 am

"My only claim to fame in nearly running over someone was Donovan the singer from the 60's who walked out in front of me doing my car test and nearly went up on the bonnet."

The only thing that could make that funnier would be the irony of if had been Alvin Stardust the singer from the 60's/70's filming the green cross code ad's he did in the 70's :lol:
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!!
Deano

Postby BigBob » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:06 am

GOT is being shown again, all 67 episodes, from saturday night 9.00pm 30th November on Atlantic channel.
Best thing ever shown on tv.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Chatter