Brake pads

Questions regarding the DR750

Brake pads

Postby BigBob » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:40 am

I bought a set of these a while back http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DR650-DR750-D ... 5668f2494c
Well,after about 500 miles of extremely light use, they were down to the metal backplate, which is not what you want when you are hundreds of miles from home, and left with no rear brake.
After lots of research, it turns out that these pads are for race use only, and the dealer selling these has cut off the top of the packet stating "for race use only"
Quite what model bike these were intended for I don`t know as only the DR650/750/800 and RG125F uses them.
I guess CL made them by mistake and the dealer bought them up very cheap. I know he`s sold loads of them on Ebay.
I normally buy genuine Suzuki Tokico pads as they are the best, but at nearly £40 a set I thought I`d give these a try..
The only pads I could get at the time at short notice were Bendix and there are absolute rubbish with no feel or bite at all
I replaced these with a set of Goldfren sintered and so far I`m very impressed with them

You have been warned!
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Re: Brake pads

Postby nug » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Hmm brake pads eh Bob :roll:

Cheeky bugger cutting the packaging !

I use Goldfren I find them pretty good & sensibly priced. They last well & seem to stop my lardy arse :tup:
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Return to DR750