Have a look at Suzuki Marine....what????

Questions regarding the DR750

Have a look at Suzuki Marine....what????

Postby ladder106 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:35 am

In rebuilding my fuel line system, I found that the fuel tank interconnection fitting was knackered.

After searching for the part numbers (yes, Suzuki has each the male and female part listed separately) on line, I found that they are also used on Suzuki outboard motors. A quick trip to ebay Marine found them both for less than $30 US. Plus, I didn't have to go across the atlantic for a source.....a big help for me.

Just thought you'd all like to know.
ladder106
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Have a look at Suzuki Marine....what????

Postby BigBob » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:03 am

A good tip there Ladder.
Alas, the only Suzuki connectors on Ebay UK are all female and not a male to be seen. Also, they are more expensive than buying from a Suzuki dealer!
Getting the original pair of couplings works out a tad over £20, which is around 30 of your funny munny.
They always struck me as being very flimsy looking and not fit for the purpose, but as I`ve been sitting on top of them for decades without being fried, I guess they do the job just fine.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Re: Have a look at Suzuki Marine....what????

Postby ladder106 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:52 pm

as I`ve been sitting on top of them for decades without being fried, I guess they do the job just fine.

When I disconnected them, I got a slow fuel drip before upending and totally emptying the tanks. When I looked inside with a good light, I found the seals beginning to crack and decided to replace them. Motion Pro makes a very nice set of connectors but then I thought that the Suzuki part has that nice groove for fitting into the holder by the fuel pump.....and as your statement above suggests, the part it reliable.

Failure in this part would NOT be a good thing so I decided to replace with OEM. I've gotten used to shipping from the continent for this bike but it's nice for me when I can find parts locally.

I had no idea about prices in other areas but thought I'd at least provide an alternate source if anyone was looking
ladder106

Return to DR750