Ahhh life...

Questions regarding the DR750

Ahhh life...

Postby H_Lime » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Gets in the way a tad doesn't it?
I'm rather time poor these days but have a wk off over Nov and I'm eager to put Dave's engine back in my DR.

Between the kids, new gig and an all consuming health regime the last couple yrs biking has been on the back burner as has a lot of my pursuits and interests. To give you an idea, mornings can start as early as 4:45am with a run, nevermind work and gym.

Yup she's laid up in stasus the last two odd yrs and I miss the hell out of it.
Have a few small refinements in mind and would like to have her ready for the odd spin over winter.
I guess this thread is a simple reminder/motivator for me to resurrect the most fun usable and engaging motorcycle I own.

Any craic with you bastards?;)
H_Lime
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Ahhh life...

Postby Haga lout » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi slim was talking to Dave a bit ago and he was asking if you had put the motor in I'm starting on mine in the next few weeks just got a trip down to mv and then I'm good to start
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:53 am

So! You`re still alive and kicking then? We wondered where you disappeared to.
Not many of us bastards left in here these days. We are few in number and the years are catching up with us.
As for installing the engine in your sadly neglected bike; I`ve always found it easiest to lay the engine sideways on the ground and lay the bike over it.
Easiest of course if it`s just a bare frame but I`m sure you`ll sort it.
Just think of the grin when you fire up the old girl again. ;)
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Haga lout wrote:Hi slim was talking to Dave a bit ago and he was asking if you had put the motor in I'm starting on mine in the next few weeks just got a trip down to mv and then I'm good to start

Fill me in Geoff what's the plan with that minter ya bought mate? Dakar rep?
H_Lime

Postby H_Lime » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:46 pm

BigBob wrote:So! You`re still alive and kicking then? We wondered where you disappeared to.
Not many of us bastards left in here these days. We are few in number and the years are catching up with us.
As for installing the engine in your sadly neglected bike; I`ve always found it easiest to lay the engine sideways on the ground and lay the bike over it.
Easiest of course if it`s just a bare frame but I`m sure you`ll sort it.
Just think of the grin when you fire up the old girl again. ;)

Sure am Bob. Where did i disappear to? A statistic which may explain is I currently have two three year old kids in the house haha. Suppose that and the very very imminent arrival of 40 has been a catalyst to sort things on many fronts.

Yeah the site seems quiet alright, but sure as well you know The Big has a loyal cult following and this domain is the main place of worship online. Sure the adv list is well populated but the one historical thread format makes it a poor resource for info. Yer like that dude in the last crusade except instead of minding the grail you have a rake of nos lhs tanks, tool boxes with lids and fuel hosing llol, keep her afloat Bob;)

Engine install was done as you suggest last time but she's still fully dressed so may carefully lift her in. Don't worry I'm still as anal as ever so no powder coating gouges allowed. As to the neglect all parts were labelled and acf'd and have been undercover since."In therory" it should all go back together and be as she was, minus the bastarding knock thanks to the ridiculously methodical and smart Dave!!

Yep really looking forward to throwing a leg over again. It's fuggin sooo good at covering ground over bumpy Irish back roads and the fun factor is mega.
H_Lime

Postby Haga lout » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:25 pm

H_Lime wrote:
Haga lout wrote:Hi slim was talking to Dave a bit ago and he was asking if you had put the motor in I'm starting on mine in the next few weeks just got a trip down to mv and then I'm good to start

Got most of bits now I've a bloke going to make rear tanks ( hopefully but it maybe not as fast as I like he as projects on ) may just make dummy's up till then not decided on paint yet like marlbro but may try a different job
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:58 pm

They look like Jamie Whitham`s old 750 Gixxers from about 1992
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby Haga lout » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:44 pm

BigBob wrote:They look like Jamie Whitham`s old 750 Gixxers from about 1992

That's right Bob , Jamie lives about 20 mins from me and comes down to my local pub from time to time top bloke to have beer with
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby Haga lout » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:14 am

Haga lout wrote:
H_Lime wrote:

Got most of bits now I've a bloke going to make rear tanks ( hopefully but it maybe not as fast as I like he as projects on ) may just make dummy's up till then not decided on paint yet like marlbro but may try a different job

What do you lot think .?
Haga lout
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby H_Lime » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:56 am

Me I'd not go fag pack Geoff. I know it's "iconic" but there's the like of a Hesslers yellow example as a nod towards Rahiers bike with a modern twist to the design.
H_Lime

Next

Return to DR750