DR750 Fuel Vacuum pump

Questions regarding the DR750

Re: DR750 Fuel Vacuum pump

Postby BigBob » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Needle jets don`t give problems on Bigs and neither do the seats.
As for the plastic slides, they will wear eventually and rattle a bit but will give serviceable wear for a very long time. I`ve never had to replace one and I`ve done more miles on Bigs than anyone.
The fuel lines are a mixture of 6mm and 8mm, but there`s a catch ;) Some of them are 6mm one end and 8mm the other and you won`t find these anywhere else but a Suzuki dealer.
After trying to use aftermarket fuel lines and nearly burning my goolies off I will now only buy genuine Suzuki fuel lines. Not cheap, but they will give you many years of problem free service.
As Ladder says, you will probably need to replace O rings and there are quite a few but the ones around the needle valve housing invariable crack and leak fuel into the engine, so definitely do those.
Part no 13374-35C00.
I would personally only use OE ones, though Tourmax are made in Japan and should be OK. Don`t trust any of the Chinese copies.
Phone Michelle at Robinsons 01227454366 and mention my name for 10 % discount.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby ladder106 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:04 pm

I've used Nug's idea about separating the fuel tanks so one tank runs in the "ON" position and the other in the "RES" position on the fuel valve.

I find this a very logical setup and it also eliminated the need for the Suzuki fuel line part.

You may have to search for his post regarding this and it does take a bit of fiddling about to finally sort it. But it works quite well.
ladder106
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby nug » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:12 am

Glad it works well for you Ladder :tup:
nug

Postby gadgetboy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:14 am

Thanks everyone for the replies. Got All day Sunday at the workshop so hoping get a load of work done on the DR.

Bought a SV650 vacuum pump brand new from Robinsons for 35quid reduced from 125, and went for the carb rebuild kits and diaphragms from Wemoto. Also got a parts cleaner for christmas (girlfriend got the hint!) so i will give the carbs a good cleanup prior to fitting the new seals.

lots of other bits to chip away at too; some wiring, new chain and sprockets, top box to fit, heated grips, and some very retro handguards turned up in the post from america today so might offer those up too!

to be continued...
gadgetboy
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Previous

Return to DR750