Lots to be doing.

Questions regarding the DR750

Re: Lots to be doing.

Postby H_Lime » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:45 am

nug wrote:If you have spare shock you could fit it with the spring removed and get an exact travel measurement.

Everything I've read says 9.4 front 8.7 rear but that would be a good way to arrive at actual travel as when i removed linkage bolts the stroke was unregulated.

This is where she touched. Thats over 10.5 inches from topped out stroke until I ran out of clearance. It was the swingarm immediately below the link pipe that fouled. There was a half inch left between can and caliper at this point. I'll check with the spring off but thankfully at this point it looks like I'm good.

That's one fuggin crusty son of a bitch right there. Structurally its a1 but whilst the bike is no garage queen it lets it down,

Chain is regina and the split link only had two o rings. Being that this is a budget concious meddle and it seems in decent order might try and buy a rivet link for it and re use. Good or bad idea?

Swinger buffer needed changing but hadn't worn through thank god. One on the way. Robinsons wanted 60 something plus delivery, no thanks. 26 dollars plus delivery from megazip or 45 quid from Germany.

Shock and linkage bolts came out handy but swinger spindle was close on seized. One bearing was proper shagged and wouldnt budge. Thinking smart i tried the chain side one which came out grand and then dropped an old imperial socket down the swinger to use to drift out with thors hammer after a bit of heat and fluid.
Was hopeful the spacers the bearings ride on could be salvaged but nope. I had bought these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TA2220Z-Moto ... 8771896017 in the hope they could but will have to source em and want the bike back on road quick. Perhpas Robinsons have em sensibly priced. They common to other dr650's and the like?

Image works didnt recreate the fullfloater faithfully on my blue refurbish. Megazip dont have em. Has anyone ever redrawn em and had them made? I want the bike stock so have to get them.
I had intended to remove, sand, repaint and regrease the bearings but as theyre goosed i may as well coat it. Hopefully this doesnt start a chain reaction off :lol:
H_Lime
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby nug » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:07 pm

nug

Postby BigBob » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:39 pm

I have a pair of genuine full floater decals, but they are silver for the 1988 blue s/arm so I don`t know if they are any good to you
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Really apreciate the offer Bob but the swinger being silver on this one rules it out.
A buddy whos a graphic designer and good with fonts has agreed to look at the pics and redraw it. I asked him to use transparent vinyl so the colour of the swingarm denotes the colour. This way we have a 90% accurate decal we all can use. Actually I'm assuming this is not the case in the oem decal?

Nug I'm not sure what the craic is with US customs but these days I've stopped buying from them altogether as anytime i get a delivery I've letters and mails demanding various payments. Fook that.

Kinda pissed that a great running bike which i was very much enjoying riding is now a semi dismantled project lol:(
Suppose i can console myself that it really did need to be done as the swinger bearings and buffer were caught without time to spare.
H_Lime

Postby H_Lime » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:28 am

I'm leaning towards shagged. You?

Tempted for a sec to just wash out with meths and regrease the bearings but spurred on by BigRobs allballs kit and Nugs advice i bought this...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122549521556

They're are a match. Dr big 750...
https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya- ... r-11487011

And the dr650se '92
https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya- ... -11483058#

One bearing/seals/spacer set is surplus for us but this kit is still a winner as the central long spacer is not available on megazip and the price of all the parts on csmnl is well over the ton.
H_Lime

Postby Deano » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:43 am

If it is any help I sent a pic of the original decals with sizes to bikedecales.co.uk when I did my bike 6 years back, dealt with a guy named Mike. They produced the pair for £14 inc P&P
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!!
Deano

Postby bigrob » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Glad the All Ball are OK for you HL.
Your swinging arm looks identical to my 650's by the way.

I'm after some full floater decals for my bike. Something like Nug linked earlier up the post.
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
Regular
Regular

Postby BigBob » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:47 am

Your swinging arm looks identical to my 650's by the way.

Swing arm, rear wheel, disc and caliper were identical on the 1990-95 DR650 and the 1989 DR750 and 1990 DR800.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:27 pm

BigBob wrote:Your swinging arm looks identical to my 650's by the way.

Swing arm, rear wheel, disc and caliper were identical on the 1990-95 DR650 and the 1989 DR750 and 1990 DR800.

Hey Bob
Would this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-DR650 ... SwvzRXxf2x
Fit the 750 ya know?
H_Lime

Postby nug » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:25 pm

That listing is a bit off as they state its for DR650SE. The SE was 96 onwards and had totally different 43mm forks.
nug

PreviousNext

Return to DR750