Fuel tanks

Questions regarding the DR800

Fuel tanks

Postby Nick65 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:43 pm

I've already had good advice regarding the dual fuel tanks on a Dr800 SR42 but I'm still a little confused so I'm starting a new thread.

Bob, you mentioned that the right hand tank is linked to the left tank through the ON fuel line and both tanks should empty at the same rate. I've checked the Suzuki workshop manual and it shows the right hand tank linked to the left to the RESERVE fuel line. Would the right hand tank only empty then when the fuel tap is switched to reserve?. Excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nick65
Regular
Regular

Re: Fuel tanks

Postby BigBob » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am

Nope, both tanks should empty at the same rate in the ON position.
If you are thinking of changing the fuel lines a word of warning.
As many of the lines are 6mm one end and 8mm the other it`s best to buy genuine fuel lines even though they are way overpriced.
Too many of the aftermarket lines are Chinese shite which split easily and you would need to mess with adapters which cut down the fuel flow.
Spraying petrol on to a hot exhaust is not recommended.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Re: Fuel tanks

Postby Nick65 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:48 pm

I'll follow your first advice and see if the previous owner has switched the lines in error. Otherwise I'll buy new lines and connector.
Many thanks.
Nick65
Regular
Regular

Return to DR800