Carburettors.

Questions regarding the DR800

Carburettors.

Postby DHC6 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:51 pm

The Bigs all use BST 33, with fixed jets in the SR41 and screwed jets in the SR43. If you want some more “OEMPF” in either of the 2 types there are options to consider. If money is not a problem order the Mikuni Flat-slide Pumper carbs from HRT. They come with the exact setup you need but of course a lesser restrictive air filter is needed to get the most of the gain. The OR air filter is a nice and affordable solution.
We have made airboxes out of roof rubber (http://www.epdmroofs.org/what-is-epdm) or you can build one out of aluminum or epoxy. The rubber bag is easiest to make and you can keep the battery box as is.

The pumper carbs however are rather violent on acceleration which can be annoying. The BST36 are a lot more comfortable and give the same power. These 36 will fit P&P on the intake rubbers and the air filter (2in1) socket.

We have played around a lot with idle/main jets/emulsion tubes and have found that most of the setup of the BST33 can be used on the BST36.

Idle jet = 32.5
Emulsion tube : O4 or O5
Needle 3rd slot
Main between 145 and 165
Main air jet: 0.6
Main pilot air: 1.3

As far as I know OR from the Big Club Holland has some overhauled and rebuilt BST36 carbs for sale as well as the air filters, you will be amazed what a difference it brings.

Cheers from the Sahara
DHC6
Regular
Regular

Re: Carburettors.

Postby O.R. » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:59 pm

DHC6 wrote:As far as I know OR from the Big Club Holland has some overhauled and rebuilt BST36 carbs for sale as well as the air filters, you will be amazed what a difference it brings.

Exactly right.

Hobby got out of hand and have already started with a little "spring cleanup". At the present, I've various fully (re)built spare sets carburetors (2xBST33 and 3xBST36) and with the WetTest already been carried out. From the K&N air filter kits only two remaining. I also decided not to keep one of my complete spare engines (SR42/41300km/ultimate camchain mod). I also have the rear frame covers and front fender (blue, SR43) and rear carrier rack (SR43).

Will soon write something on the marketplace :crazy:

Edit 18/04: SR42 engine "Kinky Gold" is sold and wil be placed in a Marlboro BIG. One set of 36mm carbs is also sold. And I will make one last serie of K&N kits since I have no stock anymore.
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Re: Carburettors.

Postby Mr.Z » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Hoi! Kom ook maar weer eens kijken hier :wave:

Those 36BSTcarbs are really :twisted:
Mr.Z
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Return to DR800