New ignition lock with 4 wires...

Questions regarding the DR800

New ignition lock with 4 wires...

Postby Yuza » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi all, since I am removing the clocks I needed a new ignition switch "standalone" to be fixed to top yoke, and I have found one from a gsx1100s2
The problem is it only has 4 wires (red/orange/grey/brown) while the stock one from DR has 6, and I understood the other 2 are a ground (black/white) and a wire from the CDI, when key is in OFF position they are bridged together, same as if the kill button is pressed.
Now, I plan to install the new lock and leave the 2 left wires unbridged, since in any case I kill the engine with the decomp lever.
Meaning when turning the key to OFF position nothing happens, I presume....ok I can live with this, in case I can use the switch on right handle to kill it.
But, I do not know where to connect the wires to the lock, does anybody know the meaning of HO, B, ML, TL stamped on the back?
Yuza
Regular
Regular

Re: New ignition lock with 4 wires...

Postby BigBob » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:59 pm

Red is the main live
Orange is the switchable live
Brown is brake light
Grey is pilot and tail light.
At a guess TL is tail light, B is brake light, ML is meter light. No idea on HO but I would try connectng it to the red.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Re: New ignition lock with 4 wires...

Postby nug » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:48 am

You do realise that the bike could be bump started without the key using this method :prob:
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Return to DR800