Dr 800 exhaust

Questions regarding the DR800

Re: Dr 800 exhaust

Postby O.R. » Thu May 10, 2018 9:28 pm

BigBob wrote:Stainless steel downpipe ! There's an idea.

Contact Lars
Lars stopped making headers.

The Dominator cans which are sold on eBay are nice quality. I bought the twin oval a few years ago.
Cans and header are stainless, and still look awesome. The standard db-killer is no real db-killer, but just a choke. Afterwards I ordered the quiet db-killer, but that was not enough for me. I added a adjustable db-killer from eBay behind the standard db-killer. Now the sound is awesome and decent. Be aware that the Dominator is a expansion silencer, not like the Produro which is a reflection silencer (and the Laser pre-header a sort of absorbtion silencer).
O.R.
Regular
Regular

Postby Captain » Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 am

Hi y'all

Got twin Marvings on mine. Good exhausts and fit to original system no problem. Expensive though. A local exhaust shop said they would make a system for me in a day including Y piece and header pipe for under a £100. Good quality stainless steel as well. May be worth looking on Yell for a custom exhaust shop

Captain

(Been lurking chaps but been on the sick for 15 months. Diabetes probs - now ablke to ride bike again)
Captain
Regular
Regular

Postby Ewan » Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi Captain

I bought a set of Dominators not so long ago and they made my concrete garage shake from the noise. There are solutions to sort them out though, like other inserts to reduce them to a very nice and acceptable level!! The only problem I might have is I now have no converter in there and if I get tested for emissions (I live in Switzerland) I might have a problem passing. We will see.
I do like them though and they went on super easy.

Cheers, Ewan.
Ewan
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Previous

Return to DR800