What should I pay attention to when buying Big?

Questions regarding the DR800

What should I pay attention to when buying Big?

Postby siwy2411 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:34 pm

First of all - hi! I am new here, so just few quick words - I live in Poland, and just passed my motorcycle driver's license a week ago. I already have <<some>> biking experience, as I currently own a 125cc bike, which I use to drive around town (and sometimes to make some short trips ~100-150km).
I made up my mind, that I would like to own DR BIG, and after some digging and reading I know I would like to find SR43 version.
I am planing to do most of the repairs and maintenance needed by myself (my lady is already not happy with me spending so much money on a bike, I am not going to push that button more than necessary :P ). Currently I don't have much mechanical experience, but am willing to learn, and since I always liked to tinker around stuff I think that should not be a problem. Even if - I have a friend who lives nearby who has experience with motorcycles and mechanics and is willing to help in exchange for some beers :D .

That brings us to my question from title - "What should I pay attention to when buying Big?". I already found some (possibly) interesting BIGs for sale in my area, but before visiting I would like to ask you what should I look at when checking out BIG? Any specific parts or pieces of bike that tends to break, or simply be neglected, but will be expensive to take care of?
siwy2411
Virgin - be gentle
Virgin - be gentle

Re: What should I pay attention to when buying Big?

Postby wundis » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:08 pm

You haven't found thissection, have you?
wundis
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Return to DR800