Wheel Rebuild

Questions regarding the DR800

Wheel Rebuild

Postby Dr Mabuse » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:59 am

Hi all

I got my wheels rebuilt with new hand made galvanised steel spokes (Originals rusty as feck) and wheel bearings upon original alloy rims. Trying to keep bike original so new fancy stuf. Have to get them covered in mud at earliest opportunity.

I had planned to be in Brittany over Easter but other events defeated that cunning plan. I like Brittany, underrated I think from the U-Boat bunkers in Lorient around the coast to the inland towns and villages perfect to plod along and explore....

Anyhow, I hope to be out along the boreens of West Cork penninsulas before the plague of blinged out beemers clog up the Roads this summer....

Greetings to all.

Dave

Note: I can highly recommend Stephen Russell MX for wheel building and general MX repairs & service:

http://stephenrussellmotocross.co.uk/

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Mabuse
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Wheel Rebuild

Postby spendango » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Dave you must be close :wave:
spendango

Postby Dr Mabuse » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:57 pm

...."Close" but, no cigar! (As Thomas Dolby sings!). Actually Dunmurry at the moment.

Mr Lime mentioned you're lingering out in the long grass maybe Crumlin I believe?

I escaped many years ago and reside in Cork City now. I'm up visiting my Mum over the hols and getting a tan and supping a nifty 'Goose Island IPA' prior to a top shelf whiskey this evening. Return to Cork early Tuesday and hope to get wheels on Wedsnesday morning and take a spin out west for a couple of days.

Sort of grounded here looking after my Mum maybe send pm to meet next time - I'm up regularly......
Dr Mabuse

Postby spendango » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:25 pm

Kyle is near crumlin I'm in Ballyclare
spendango

Return to DR800