VSTROM Gets new Knickers

For any bike that doesn't have its own forum.

VSTROM Gets new Knickers

Postby nug » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:39 pm

Newly dressed and ready for you to sign on the dotted line.
https://youtu.be/JwbAARm22JA
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: VSTROM Gets new Knickers

Postby bigrob » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 am

Looks very 'perdy'

Packed full of electricity. So a warranty needed, because when old enough so I could afford one, it would cost a packet if faults developed.
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
Regular
Regular

Postby BigBob » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:04 am

As you say, there`s a lot of electrickery to go wrong, but I would still like to be able to afford one.
Shame there`s no 21 inch front wheel option.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby dave#22 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:14 am

Well, they've got the style right, but the electronics :o great under warranty, but it'll be a nightmare after a few years...maybe if they bring out a restyled 650 (700?) it'll have less gadgets.
So many cars are now scrapped with failed electronics, when mechanically and bodily they are fine...keep it simple I say.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby nug » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Yes far to much tech. I imagine the chassis is much the same as before. I like the look of it. Herr Hessler has already modded one with 21" wheel I think? Reckon I saw it on the eicma videos on youtube.
nug

Postby H_Lime » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:18 pm

I dont get it. It's a tall rounder, nothing wrong with that, so they obviously increase cc to compete with current crop of tall rounders....and fall far short.
Even the flat twin bimmer out performs it. Its like its suzukis offering in this class circa 2006.

I'm sure its lovely to ride and very accomplished but the game and expectations have drastically moved forward.

For perspective the Kill_Torture_Murder your wallet 1290r adventure pulls the same numbers as a a standard blackbird and has more torque than my old hayabusa which was tuned.
Its entirely academic but thats the expectation in this segement these days.
Id sooner have the mid capacity tenere 7 something instead if it.
Suzuki should bang the k5 motor in a tall chassis with 17 inchers and see em fly out the door.
H_Lime

Postby nug » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:58 pm

They are probably hoping that people will look outside of shear power and buy it for its rideability. The last vstrom 1000 was only appreciated after people actually lived with it for some time and realised what a good bike it was. Just hope it is reliable will all the electrickery waiting to blow smoke.
nug

Postby H_Lime » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 pm

nug wrote:They are probably hoping that people will look outside of shear power and buy it for its rideability. The last vstrom 1000 was only appreciated after people actually lived with it for some time and realised what a good bike it was. Just hope it is reliable will all the electrickery waiting to blow smoke.

I hope they sell a boat load just cant see it happening though :silent: These days fellas buy new bikes on pcp and credit systems, christ they're even getting tyres on credit with some vag cars. They're kept in warrenty so they dont give a sh1t about reliability down the line (were down the line :lolno:). I wouldnt dare own one of those new ktm rocketship adventure yokes outside warrenty but I'd sure a feck buy it over the new strom in warrenty.
This is the crap reality of new bike production and ownership. Hell some of the new batch of ktms have performance pack electronic rider aide upgrades ALREADY installed on the bike but unactivated. You pay for the unlocking i believe. How unbelievably shitty is that! Fook that sideways.
Stick with yer bst33's lads :lol:
H_Lime

Postby nug » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:44 am

:tup:
nug

Postby BigBob » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:10 am