Just Purchased A KLR 650

For any bike that doesn't have its own forum.

Re: Just Purchased A KLR 650

Postby ScottyBoy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Sod the rucksack, just leave the parts where they land :lol:

There is going to be a few of us with no real experience of off roading on bikes so it's going to be a blast, if i dont fall off im going to jump off :crazy:

I was actually thinking of kidnapping a rebel on it :prob:
ScottyBoy

Postby nug » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Sounds like fun..take some pics of the casualties :tup:
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby ScottyBoy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 pm

My mate finally got some time off, so off we went. 2 minutes down a farmtrack and he was off, it was hilarious, i couldnt stop laughing, we couldnt lift it because we were laughing so much. But the bloody clutch lever snapped so back in the garage and wait for a new clutch lever oh and some new tyres from Pneus :lol:

Forgot my camera :tdown:
ScottyBoy

Postby nug » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Take spare next time :tup:
nug

Postby Longman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:25 am

Longman

Postby BigBob » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:58 am

I have a spare pair of levers, all wrapped up in plastic, cable tied to the underside of the subframe of all my bikes "just in case".
Never needed them yet, but will be thankful for my forethought should the need arise.
Handguards are obligatory as they keep the wind off your hands as well as protection
I`ve got V-Strom guards on mine but any good quality ones will do.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby ScottyBoy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Good idea Bob, i think we will need a small trailor behind us full of spares :lol: . Handguards are definately the order of the day i have some on mine and they have saved my levers a couple of times.

Ordered tyres from Pneus on Tuesday afternoon, arrived Friday morning from Germany and i cant get a 1st class card across the country in 5 days :crazy:

Mitas co2 and Mefo sport awesome tyres £95 delivered
ScottyBoy

Postby ScottyBoy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Oh No DISASTER on the KLR

Need some advice here boys. Little water was coming from the weep hole under the water pump, so replaced seals and then.......overtightened the nut on the impeller and it snapped. Apparently alot of people have done this as the thread end on the impeller shaft is weaker to enable a thread to be cut???? I thought, i know i will drill it, cut a new thread and put a bolt in instead..........3 cobalt drill bits later and i have made a 2mm deep hole which is where the thread is apparently weaker. Im pi$$ed off with it now and dont know what to do, i dont think i can be bothered to strip it out and replace the impeller shaft, cant drill the ba$tard so i think i might just break it, owes me £600 plus the new tyres which havent been used, not broke a bike before what do you reckon on getting the money back, it does have a Hagon shock which should fetch a few quid.
ScottyBoy

Postby nug » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 am

Just nail the mother till it overheats then set fire to it..... :tup: Oh take the good tyres off first though... :think:
nug

Postby Longman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:05 am

You could try an engineering firm or good bike shop (old fashioned sort). My local bike shop has saved the day many time for me with problems like this.Take the engine out and have a drive around your local shops. Got to be worth saving. :!:
Longman

Previous

Return to Other Bikes