Ordering parts

Non bike specific questions

Re: Ordering parts

Postby BigBob » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 pm

It seems lots of German companies charge a fortune to post stuff, though the rest of europe seems much more reasonable.
I nearly bought a small decal from the USA recently but noticed they wanted $25 postage, which seems typical of the Yanks.
They didn`t get my business either.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby nug » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Ive been pretty luck ordering stuff from the septics. I have had various heavy lumps of metal sent across the pond and they have got here in good time as well. It the bloody customs who stuff you if it has any value.
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby GrahamW » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:07 am

BigBob wrote:It seems lots of German companies charge a fortune to post stuff, though the rest of europe seems much more reasonable.
I nearly bought a small decal from the USA recently but noticed they wanted $25 postage, which seems typical of the Yanks.
They didn`t get my business either.

I once needed a new rear mud guard for my old VTX 1300 and saw one on US ebay that was reasonable as Hondas wanted about £700 for a new one. The seller honestly quoted me about £500 to ship it to me and when I challenged him he said that was how much the courier charges. I had a newer set of crankcases for a KLR 650 I used to have from ebay us and shipping on those was about 50 quid which seemed reasonable.
GrahamW
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to General Techie Stuff