Garage Hacks

Non bike specific questions

Garage Hacks

Postby H_Lime » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 pm

I hate that the term hack is now de rigueur in describing smart but hey we roll with the times.
Me being old and untrendy aside feel free to use this thread to puke your "hacks" here for all and sundry to gawk at and be inspired.
As I'm currently hacking the ever living sh1te out of my garage I'll start the ball rolling.

Both were being shagged out so i nabbed em. The top one is deadly. 15 shelves and I'll classify, sort and label each. No more fuggin rootin through small cardboard boxes of every bloody thing, no more frantic searches for washers and nuts etc etc. This will require some work but once i classify all the nuts and bolts into subdivided categories it will be a hooooge time saver and a joy to use.

Bottom yoke is a lovely storage trolley with customisable trays for ehhh whatever you so wish. Its kinda like the bat mobile there waiting to be deployed over to whichever bike I'm working on. Note the trimming required to make it fit lol. Bastard was twenty mil too tall. Out with the saw and chisel by god!

In other developments i was inspired by this picture....
And this blog...
https://www.google.ie/amp/www.instructa ... age%3Dtrue
.....after searching novle ideas to light the benches. Spurred on by my recent led retrofit on yhe capo I'm an led born again.
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-POWER-PLUG ... 5327950002
I've bought two of the above in cool white which amounts to a whack load (techy industry term) of lumens.
I shall report back once blinded.
H_Lime
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Garage Hacks

Postby Deano » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:09 am

I have my garage arranged like below and as far as screws, nuts, washers, dowels, circlips, o-rings and bearing, luckily at work we have a great boss and M3-M22 st.st fixings stored in size and type in 150 draws and most of our stores list sizes of parts and what we don't have I can scrounge as samples from our suppliers :tup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have my wife's permission to keep breathing!!
Deano

Postby H_Lime » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:49 am

Deano wrote:I have my garage arranged like below and as far as screws, nuts, washers, dowels, circlips, o-rings and bearing, luckily at work we have a great boss and M3-M22 st.st fixings stored in size and type in 150 draws and most of our stores list sizes of parts and what we don't have I can scrounge as samples from our suppliers :tup:

Deano i would kill for a access to your employer's stock of fasteners! I'll have to make do with my own humble version. I could do with a 5mm or so sheet of mdf to emulate that tool peg board. Great to have everything in view and at a hands reach instantly, great set up!

Sorted my desk light out..

[url=h

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-POWER-PLUG-3528-5050-LED-STRIP-LIGHT-KITCHEN-UNDER-CABINET-CUPBOARD-COUNTER/122500899158?_mwBanner=18

Cheaper, less usage and brighter tyan florescent tubes by a mile. I'll be retrofitting them in the florescent body housing units next.
H_Lime

Postby nug » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:18 pm

Good job on the light. I used those around the perimeter of my bathroom. They are recessed into the ceiling so you don't actually see them and work brilliantly. I was looking into using them in my Man cave but its a large are with a high roof so not sure how good they would be for that. LED is the future :tup:
nug

Postby H_Lime » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:06 pm

nug wrote:Good job on the light. I used those around the perimeter of my bathroom. They are recessed into the ceiling so you don't actually see them and work brilliantly. I was looking into using them in my Man cave but its a large are with a high roof so not sure how good they would be for that. LED is the future :tup:

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.instructa ... age%3Dtrue
:tup:
H_Lime

Postby nug » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Good link there mate :tup: No reason why I can't do a similar thing. My roof trusses are a different shape as the have a raised lower cord but the upside of that is the trusses at the side are at 27 degrees which would be good for attaching the light vertically. That would give good light onto the sides of a vehicle. What I would do differently is I would sub assemble the lights first onto a batten or similar to make is easier to install them and also repair them if one fails. Food for thought :think:
nug

Postby spendango » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:18 pm

How are you guys getting pics up with photobucket charging a fortune to hold them ??? otherwise you'll have to guess what my shed looks like :crazy:
spendango

Postby H_Lime » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Screw w@nkbucket Spen....https://imgbb.com
:clap:
H_Lime

Postby spendango » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:32 pm

how the f..k does it work ?? it just posted a link to my pics !!!
spendango

Postby spendango » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:36 pm

spendango

Next

Return to General Techie Stuff