How's it going.....

Give us a clue - who are you?

How's it going.....

Postby Dr Mabuse » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:12 am

Hi Folks

Dr Mabuse here, just saying hello from a damp Cork City.

Probably think of something to say which may be of interest later. Using my moby to register so squinting - need to find my tablet and ask a few questions from those with wisdom on fiddling with DRs......
Dr Mabuse
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: How's it going.....

Postby spendango » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:11 pm

How's it going :tup:
spendango

Postby H_Lime » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:12 am

Howdy Mabuse, put up some pictures of the 800;)
H_Lime

Postby Dr Mabuse » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:40 am

IMG_20170221_193041~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Mabuse

Postby off-the-planet » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 am

Looks like my old DR.... :tup:
off-the-planet
Regular
Regular

Postby Dr Mabuse » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:03 am

Hi again

Well, OTp it may well be your old bike as I noticed you're located in the vicinity where I bought it in Barnstaple. Seems well minded less than 1k miles per year covered.

I rode it back home to Cork via Fishguard but journey turned into misery on approach to Bristol. Front brake got spongey (and worse later) and developed fuel leak from carb overflow and got worse when I stopped at Cardiff. Bad enough to look for bike shop for emergency repair. I happened upon Riders BMW/Ducati arriving near closing time. Big shinny showroom and I expected the worst showing up on a 26y/old bike with fuel leaking onto their forecourt et al.

Well, I walked into the showroom, explained my dilemma and the guys couldn't have been more helpful. Took my details, printed job card (Me thinking I'm at their mercy and going to get screwed!) and wheeled it into workshop. Shortly thereafter panels stripped off and technician correctly diagnosed float needles etc. He made a temporary repair to get me home. They obviously didn't have the parts to repair but offered to try and sort it next morning but, I'd ferry to catch that eve.

A BIG thanks to the after-sales guys at Riders Cardiff, for they showed complete empathy and concern for my predicament and wouldn't take a cent or penny for the work undertaken - I was taken aback with their sincere kindness. :tup: :clap:

I'll continue update under Chatter
Dr Mabuse

Postby BigBob » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:09 am

You were lucky the bike shop was run by decent human beings as most of them try and take your trousers down as soon as you enter the premises.
The SR43 has much less complicated plumbing the the earlier models but replacing the fuel lines with genuine would be the safest option.
I guess the carbs are gummed up from standing for so long and could do with cleaning out properly.
It would also be best to replace the caliper seals with genuine as the piston is probably seized in. Have fun!
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Return to Who's On Here